Using a USA-built PC in Taiwan

My time in Taiwan is close approaching and I have a question about my PC hardware. I built a PC in America. It has a Corsair CX650M power supply, billeted as universal. The power cord is your basic three-pronged one. I am going to be living in a newly built housing development in Taiwan. Will I be able to plug in and use my PC as-is, or do i need a different power supply or power cord? Anyone have experience with this?

Uh oh USA built it’s not going to last a month with Taiwan’s super ultra powered electric network.

Seriously just bring your power cord and if it doesn’t work buy one here dude. :grin:

Also your Brent photo really confused me…Sure not British ? :grinning:

4 Likes

Lol no I am not British. I’m a big early-days Gervais fan though.

Yeah I just don’t want to damage my PC. If it simply doesn’t work then i guess i will use my gaming laptop or look for a cable. Im not trying to drop $2500 on a new PC even though this one is like 5 years old lol.

1 Like

There’s nothing different between the US and Taiwan’s power.

2 Likes

I’ve used computers from the US and no issues. The power plug is also the same which is great.

2 Likes

Also, most desktop PC power supplies can switch between 110 and 220 v. Some are automatic, others have a manual switch. It’s not necessary in this case, but pretty much all PC PSU units are compatible with everywhere.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Marco, sorry i wasnt on here in the chaos of traveling to TW. I saw your replies though and ended up sending my PC

1 Like

Thanks Andrew for the reply, my bad i had a hectic week. Thanks to you guys i decided to send my PC :grinning:

1 Like