Using China version Xbox One with Kinect in Taiwan

I was given an Xbox One with Kinect from a company I worked for but unfortunately it’s a China version and now that my bank accounts in China are empty and my phone number inactive it seems impossible to purchase games from the online store.

I’ve heard conflicting reports about whether you can install any regions games via DVD, but after inserting a few games from a friend, nothing happens on the screen (which I guess means the game isn’t recognized).

Has anyone had any experience with China consoles? I lugged this thing from China and it would be nice to have a gaming night once and while with the kids.

I’m almost 100% certain Xbox ones are not region locked nor are the games.

Found this

https://www.google.com.tw/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2013/8/16/4627338/xbox-one-games-will-not-be-region-locked

However it also seems that you need a payment method from the region you got it to set up payment for things like Xbox live…another reason to get the PlayStation.

Maybe you can buy Chinese Xbox live card codes? I buy US codes for my North American PSN for credit on amazon. Maybe check alibaba?

I read the same or similar articles but when I tried installing a local Taiwan purchased game nothing happened. I asked a game store and he mentioned that it is hit and miss.

I hadn’t thought of buying codes. I’ll try that. Thanks

If you can purchase the codes. Just purchase and download the games from Xbox live store. Might take more time depending on your internet. Hope someone can give you a more clear answer.

Shouldn’t be a problem with buying gold membership from any region. Check your account settings and make sure you have changed location to Taiwan. You can also buy and use games from any country’s online store.

BTW, are you sure it’s an xbox one? It’s been quite a while since they were bundled with a Kinect, it must be the very early model?

You can’t change the region from China. It isn’t that old. When I was checking out it’s value (I considered selling it but my son seemed interested) they had them listed as an option on Amazon.cn.

Unless they’ve done something very special for China, the country can be easily changed on any XBOX One. Are you sure you don’t have an XBOX 360 which is region locked?

Does it look like;

Or

Or

Or

I ask as only the first 2 generally were bundled with a kinect, the second 2 need a special adapter.

They have done something very special very China. In the region settings you have one choice in the drop down – China

Are you sure you don’t have an xbox 360? There should be no region one the xbox one, only your account country listing.

If its anything like the PS4 network, the store and games you can purchase will be decided by where the account was created, or set to when setting it up.

I used a VPN to setup a Playstation network account from TW, logged into it on PS4, bang, australian games and content.

Not sure how it works for Xbox, but my microsft store on PC is the same, australian store, since its the same as my xbox account would be if I logged into one with the account, since i made the account in aus.

Dont believe xbones are region locked, nor are playstations.