Using holiday allowance for ARC renewal

My joining family based ARC is due for renewal next month.

My HR department have stated that I have to use my holiday allowance for time off to visit the immigration centre to renew the ARC.

I feel a bit hard done by here. Although not company sponsored, my employer still needs me to have the card, so they get use out of it as well.
I don’t mind that I have to cough up for the ARC, as the card is mine to keep should I decide to change jobs.

Just looking for some prospective here. Am I being entitled? Do other employers give a paid day off for this?

Dude - it takes at most an hour to renew it - why take the whole day off? If you get there right when they open, you might even be able to make work on time… Better yet tell the company you need to take a couple of hours off for a dental/medical appointment.

1 Like

Whole day because my household reg. is in Hsinchu, and my current work site is Kaohsiung.
As far as I know, ARC needs to be renewed at the office local to my place of residence.

Whoops…welcome to working for a Taiwanese company - those who own the gold make the rules…