Using Quicken to track your NT$

Does anyone use Quicken/Quickbooks to track their personal finances? I am stateside at the moment, but will be arriving in a few months, and I was wondering how people dealt with keeping track of their personal finances if they have both US$ and NT$. Like, if I get paid in NT$, and transfer cash to my home checking account which is in US$, are there any tricks to doing so?

Duffy

Dunno about Quicken, but if you run Palm OS gadgets (PDAs) I wrote a program to let me track expenses or income in NT$ or US$ and automatically convert to US dollar equivalents for my records. You can view your expenditures by category as well (kinda depressing at times, though!). I haven’t posted the program on my Web site yet because it’s really just something I hacked together really roughly (no graphics or anything pretty) to suit my own needs, although since you can customize the currencies I guess anyone who was traveling could potentially use it if they wanted to.

Terry

This topic is better suited for Technology in Taiwan. I am moving the topic there. Please see

Thanks,

Jeff
jeff@oriented.org