Using Tai bao zheng

I was born before 84 and currently 29 years old. I have an overseas stamp on my ROC passport, got my Taiwan ID just last year. I was doing the 4 month leave and re-entry and now planning to relocate to Shanghai. Does anyone know if using a tai bao zheng to enter China will affect the 4 month clause or not? Thanks.

Well China isnt part of Taiwan so yes you are considered to be out of country.

From what I gather, taibaozheng does not include a work permit. Is there any difference if I get a work permit under my US passport?

But you enter enter and stay in CHina for 1 year on a Taiboa and it’s much easier for Taiwanese to get work permits.

Just need the employment offer as you don’t need a Z visa :smiley:

So I tried applying for a taibaozheng with a travel agent and they they are saying that I need to renew my passport since it doesn’t have my taiwan id on it. If I renew my passport in taiwan, will this cancel out my overseas chinese status? Will it also mean I would have to renew it at a TECO office in US?

But you enter enter and stay in CHina for 1 year on a Taiboa and it’s much easier for [color=#FF0000]Taiwanese to get work permits[/color].

Just need the employment offer as you don’t need a Z visa :smiley:[/quote]
We need work permits in China? So…what they’re saying is we are a foreign country. :smiling_imp:

No it wont cancle your overseas status if you are not in Taiwan. Yes you need your ID card number in your passport to get a Tai Bao Zheng

No it wont cancle your overseas status if you are not in Taiwan. Yes you need your ID card number in your passport to get a Tai Bao Zheng[/quote]

So I should go renew my passport out of Taiwan? Would this be possible without having to leave the country?

If I go to work in China, I need to get my employer to sponsor me for a work permit, as I’m not Taiwanese. My son, however, is Taiwanese.

1. Can I take him in on a Taibaozheng? (his UK passport has expired, and it’s just going to be a lot cheaper, and I think less hassle)

2. Would his Taibaozheng be valid for a whole year (like my foreigner work permit would be)?

3. The British authorities would have to look after him if there were a war, since they would have to look after his dad? Or not?

4. If this is not possible/advisable, and he gets a PRC visa for UK citizens instead of a TBZ, the employer has said that his birth certificate (he was born here) must be notarized by a “Chinese embassy”. I’ve replied to tell them we don’t have a Chinese embassy in Taipei, lol, already, but maybe a Forumosan has some idea what to do here?

EDIT: Sorry, just realized this is totally the wrong forum. Well I’ll leave it for a day and see what happens.