USPS bizarre shipping route US to TW

You have to look at this from the package’s perspective. In these times of Covid, would you rather travel around the US and Europe, which have few restrictions if any, or spend 7 days in quarantine and then 7 days doing self-management in Taiwan (I assume the package was sent prior to the shortening)?

At some point the package will get bored, fed-up with the heat wave in Europe, or decide that 3 + 4 is not too bad.

4 Likes

How about simple putting my package on one of those LAX-TPE flights?

Pretty please? :slightly_smiling_face:

Guy

Every time something gets shipped to me through USPS it always take twice as long. You’ll be lucky if it shows up at all. Not to mention there are a lot of lost packages during COVID.

DHL is German, so logic.

What logic? My package was shipped, at my request, using a public postal service. Then, because said service has apparently just given up doing its job, it is handed to a private company. If there is a logic here, it is one of neoliberal privatization, no doubt sped along by this guy:

:rant:

Guy

That’s what post offices do around the world, they hand over mail to private airlines, they don’t have their own fleet.

Just to make sure you got this right.

Guy

It’s and logistics company and airline.

DHL Aviation is the only one airline worldwide accepting all classes of shipments containing lithium batteries (subject to IATA Regulations).’

1 Like

Fair enough.

I think my post still makes sense though in the “bizarre shipping route from Taiwan to the US” category. LA to Taiwan via Germany is not the simplest route!

Guy

It’s normal, depending on their connecting flights and volume, I had stuff going around the world before arriving at destination.