Vaccination

my son’s schedule was due abt 3 months ago for his DPT polio (18 mths of age). :blush: haven’t done it yet. :blush:

does anyone on board here have experience in giving their child any kind of vaccination by local service?

In the www.taiwanho.com site forums there is a rather long and emotional discussion of this procedure.

I ahve both of my children vaccinated here with a pediatrician I trust. I’m not going to get into the whole to vaccinate or not debate but just wanted to tell you that the doctor and nurses were very professional. They let me check the box to make sure it was the right vac, not expired etc. They also let me nurse while the chilren are getting the needle which reduces stress for the babies. She also asked lots of questions on the kids development, weighed measured etc.

The doctors I’ve seen at Zhong Shan have also been willing to split the vaxes up. A male ped there (Chang, I think) is the one I like best. Trained in the Philippines, easy to talk to, doesn’t mind questions. Tends to be the nosy nurses that irritate me.

Sounds like a great doctor! Would you mind sharing his/her name and that of the clinic, if they practice in Taipei? Thank you!

thanks for the sharing.
bedtime talk with my wife last night, she came up with the idea of taking some med stuff from home and use it here, asking for a help from a nurse in my office. laughing, I told her that I might get caught at cks for smugg-things :smiley: :smiley:

TC, I’m lost in that site :unamused:

piw and brax, are they in taichung? forgot to mention that I live there

Her name is Dr.Tsai at the Chung Shan Hospital. She also works at the private clinic across the street.

[quote=“kolibri”]thanks for the sharing.
bedtime talk with my wife last night, she came up with the idea of taking some med stuff from home and use it here, asking for a help from a nurse in my office. laughing, I told her that I might get caught at cks for smugg-things :smiley: :smiley:

TC, I’m lost in that site :unamused:

piw and brax, are they in taichung? forgot to mention that I live there[/quote]

Sorry, piwackit and I are both talking about the same hospital in TAIPEI. If I get any leads on peds in Taizhong I will let you know.

We got two calls from the Health Bureau asking us why we hadn’t taken our 2m.o. for his BCG shot yet. I thought it was great that they follow up on tardy parents. We had an excuse because our son was in hospital having some tests done. He’s fine and has since had his shot. We went to J E N - A I hospital.

J E N - A I hospital in Taichung has an international patients centre which I am sure will be able to help you out. The director is Mark Chan. He speaks perfect English and is very friendly and helpful.

[p.s. The pinyin auto-correct thing is friggin’ annoying. Is there any way to turn it off?]