Vaccine mandates and vaccine passports

Oh, you’re referring to these places.

1 Like

A healthy person will not become obese when having contact with an obese person and is not in risk of dying a few weeks later. It is more of a slowly growing problem over decades.
There are interests of large food companies keeping the obesity regulations at bay, not to affect their profits (e.g. Coca-Cola, Pepsi and sugar tax)

This is why there is a difference in official policies on obesity vs other issues.
IMO you can not compare obesity and covid19.

I agree that governments should improve regulations encouraging a more healthy diet and more sports activities for individuals, especially for children.

4 Likes

They are very different problems, true. But infectivity is not really the point. To bring it back to the topic at hand, one has to ask why a problem of much smaller magnitude seems to merit (a) the most enormous spending spree of the last 100 years and (b) draconian political intervention? It simply doesn’t stack up.

16 trillion of losses in exchange for a few billion in vaccine profits? I wonder where the other 15 point something trillion went?

1 Like

I’m against mandating vaccination except for where it’s a potential health issues for others e.g. Hospitals.
I think for all other cases it should be 'at your own risk '.

I am for strong promotion of vaccination .

8 Likes

Urgency

1 Like

This one is slightly connected . He has the right not to have another jab but he will be excluded from a lot of services or forced to continually be tested . No indoor dining access so what happens when Autumn comes around? Not cool.

PS I would advise him strongly to stick with the 2nd AZ jab if he was going ahead.

2 Likes

I’m not sure of that. I’ve seen previously healthy people become obese by hanging about with obese people :wink:

Yeah, as the WHO states, it’s an epidemic year after year.

I’m comparing responses. Obviously they are different health issues. IMO we could just as well have a world-wide mandate against obesity, attack the issue just like Covid. Why not?

I also agree, but why stop there, considering how devastating are the health costs associated with obesity? I mean it’s killing more per year than Covid is. And this is just one health issue. There are many others which we could attack with the same ferocity as we’re doing with Covid, but we don’t.

2 Likes

I guess what constitutes ‘the need for requiring swift action’ differs amongst us :slight_smile:

In the end, it’s all opinion. What is urgent to one is not to another. Many argue that the response to Covid has been unwarranted and excessive, especially considering the actual risk of it, which appears to have been overstated and oversold.

1 Like

Share your qualifications then

1 Like

I don’t agree all of the claims Finley posted, but his posts indicate he has good background knowledge.

4 Likes

At the risk of more “whataboutism”, you could say poverty-related deaths are “urgent”. Supposedly, 1.5 million people die every year “from indoor pollution” (ie., cooking over wood fires). 9 million die of hunger or “hunger related diseases”. How the hell does this even happen? How can people literally starve to death in this day and age? I mean, I know the reasons, and they’re complex. But you would think that simply being able to fill your belly would be a modest enough target to hit. I suspect people don’t have much of a problem with the dirt-poor dying because then at least they’re not breeding.

2 Likes

Uh-oh. If we’re talking population control, then surely a Gates/Gates Snr/ vaccine/ eugenics conspiracy comment can’t be but a couple of posts away! :rofl:

1 Like

I mean, you can just read his posts to see the efforts he puts into understanding the topics at hand and trying to clearly explain his point of view with relevant data, rather than just repeating stuff from the media that he doesn’t fully understand (as others do). Whatever formal qualifications he has are less important here, I think (and that’s not really what he asked for).

5 Likes

Agreed. I sent him a link to a ridiculously long video which he watched all the way through and then commmented intelligently on. I appreciated it :slight_smile: but also felt bad :frowning:

I’ll watch something extremely important…for maybe 3 minutes :rofl:

Two thumbs up to finley.

6 Likes
3 Likes

This was all predicted in early 2020. We called them nut jobs. Lets see how right they were. Its absolute insanityinsanity to mandate vaccinations to people for the virus so low on the death scale. And i am pro vaccine, this kind of shit gives legitimacy to the craziest of mobs. Thin ice. Thin ice…

5 Likes

So am I, I got a jab last week and under the NHI will hopefully get the booster sometime soon.

@tempogain article is well worth the read, not for the suggestion to not get vaccinated but to my knowledge is the first article on here that thinks about how government may use something like a vaccine passport to enhance their control over everyone else.

2 Likes

In the “well, that escalated quickly” category, it seems like this belongs here:

Of course it isn’t bloody legal. Apart from any other consideration, the vaccines do not have full safety approvals from any National agency. Even Boris says it’s not OK (but apparently doesn’t seem in any hurry to denounce it in stronger terms). So WTF are they thinking?

1 Like

We’ve discussed very thing already this at our workplace. The general consensus was that the admin will wait until contract renewal time and just slide it in when we have to re-sign. By that time I suspect there will be sufficient (emergency) legislation passed to ensure it’s all legal.

1 Like

I’m just amazed that anybody even believes this is legal. It’s surely as illegal as telling every staff member they have to attend a daily crystal healing session and take a dose of herbal pills to balance their chakra.

On reflection, I’m wondering if it’s just another dose of completely made-up BS, nobody is seriously considering it, but the media have been told to put the story out there to scare the shit out of people (and therefore push them into vaccination). OTOH … it seems like nothing is impossible these days.

3 Likes