Vaccine mandates and vaccine passports

Now that’s what I wish was mandatory.

1 Like

This is (hopefully not) the world leaning more towards the Chinese way of doing things in just steaming forward ignoring everything and hoping over a long enough time frame everyone will just get tired. Give up and “accept the hopeless”, good citizen. We are all getting more confucious these days it seems :frowning:

It is clearly retarded. That isnt the worry. The worry is if the population proves to be so retarded to allow such “evolutions”.

5 Likes

Theoretically, I could possibly, just maybe, envision a situation in which vaccine passports may make sense though that would involve a situation in which we had a highly contagious virus that was particularly deadly and for which we had a vaccine that was, at the very least FDA approved.

However, even in such a situation, which covid isn’t anywhere near, I would want a clear line in the sand as to what could be included and what is never to be included. I mean, if you have a system that can easily display medical records, why not load of a full list of communicable diseases into the system so that they waiter at the door can determine if they want you to come in their restaurant or not?

Then, after we have medical info, why don’t we push people to be ‘better citizens’. Should people who haven’t paid their taxes really have the right to use our roads or walk into our libraries? Simply include that info in your vaccine passport. Voting is important. You may want to include that info as well and though you certainly wouldn’t ‘mandate’ that, shouldn’t your employer be able to know who you voted for in the last election, especially as voting for the wrong people could have very real consequences?

Why not include your criminal record, travel history and a list of religious services you have attended in the past three years? Again, not mandatory, but if I want to have high quality, good citizens who follow all the rules in my place, why should the gov’t not give me an easy score to figure it out - i.e. you have to have an 87 to ride the HSR but 65 could get you to see a movie and 19 should be enough to post on this board?

9 Likes

So, like, not this CCP Virus…the conspiracy nuts are gonna have a field day being right and saying they told us so! If this goes ahead, i dont think we have the right to call them nuts anymore.

2 Likes

" The risks to the vaccinated are astoundingly close to zero"
Surely you meant that the risks to the UN-vaccinated are astoundingly close to zero.
The vaccines are dangerous. Here feel free to search UKs Yellow card dataset of 800,000 +adverse events …
https://yellowcard.ukcolumn.org/yellow-card-reports

2 Likes

Looks legit. :roll_eyes:

More context for the misleadingly presented data here:

3 Likes

Oh, those fact-checkers yum, yum
Part of the agenda. Please don’t allow them to make your mind up for you,
The link I shared provides a search of the government Yellow- Card data,

2 Likes

Look at this data from Israel:

Israel has one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, and the majority of their new cases are in the vaccinated. 78% for those age 20-29 and 94% for people age 60-69.

This higher case number in the vaccinated makes sense given that the majority of the population is fully vaccinated. But it also refutes the “99% of new covid cases are in the unvaccinated” figure that the media loves to lie about. We can’t continue to use that figure and blame the unvaccinated for lockdowns.

But the blame game doesn’t matter, here is what I’m getting at:

What happens if Israel reaches 99% vaccination?

Well, people would continue to still get infected by new variants, as shown in the data above.

Thus, lockdowns and closures repeat.

What will be their solution? Booster shots.

They are already administering 3rd shots of Pfizer to many of the vaccinated.

What does this all mean?

It means that the goalposts are forever being shifted. That is the real reason why the lockdowns will continue—it has nothing to do with the unvaccinated.

Now that the majority of the Israeli population is vaccinated, the new goal will be to have the majority of the population take booster shots.

The language will shift from “unvaccinated” to “undervaccinated.”

Enter the Covid Passport.

That will mandate you staying up to date on your booster shots each year in order to maintain your “freedom” to travel and partake in daily essential activities.

Each year, the government can complain about the low percentage of “undervaccinated” and issue lockdowns until people take their booster shots. Year after year. Over and over again. Coming to a country near you.

The goalposts are forever shifted and you can enjoy your permanent state of lockdown.

This is why mandatory vaccinations and Covid Passports are such a slippery slope.

1 Like

Indeed it does. And I suggest you look at it, and also read up on how the Yellow Card scheme works and what the data mean, rather than letting yourself be misled by the scary big numbers from the site you posted that’s trying to mislead you.

People can report any suspected reactions/conditions on there, reports don’t necessarily constitute a causal relationship, and with a large enough sample set a certain number of people are going to have a given reaction or die, vaccination or no vaccination.

Here’s some of the post-vaccine “reactions” included in the numbers that you’re concerned about (these are all genuine, from your link and the Yellow Card scheme):

• Death of pet
  • Death of relative
  • Menopause
  • Sick relative
  • Kosher diet
  • Illiteracy
  • Job dissatisfaction
  • Retirement
  • Stress at work
  • Sexually inappropriate behaviour
  • Staring
  • Daydreaming
  • Nightmare
  • Completed suicide
  • Morbid thoughts
  • Alcoholic hangover
  • Excessive masturbation
  • Compulsive shopping
  • Deja vu
  • Anger
  • Nervousness
  • Homosexual parent
  • Flooding
  • Water pollution
  • Anal sex
  • Hair dye user
  • Tanning
  • Tattoo
  • Tobacco user
  • Facelift
  • Exposure to household chemicals
  • Animal bite
  • Electric shock
  • Fall
  • Sunburn
  • Foreign body in urogenital tract
  • Genital herpes
  • Limb injury
  • Crying
  • Bed bug infestation

Maybe you could have a think about possible mechanisms for how a couple of those things might be caused by COVID vaccination. Let me know if you come up with anything.

God, I wish you people would make at least a nominal effort to understand the stuff you’re posting…

4 Likes

It’s just 2 weeks to slow the spread.

It’s just to flatten the curve.

It’s just a mask.

It’s just until a vaccine is available.

It’s just until the elderly are vaccinated.

It’s just until everybody is.

It’s just a booster shot.

It’s just yearly.

It’s just a health screening app for your safety.

It’s just mandatory.

It’s just a Covid Passport.

It’s just a social credit score.

It’s just for the greater good.

It’s just totalitarianism.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Who fact checks the fact checkers?
The BBC, CNN, those linked to corporates?
I have watched some UK Col news videos and they are quite good.

2 Likes

1 Like

I suppose the goal is trying to have reliable, unbiased, intelligent, independent people judging the quality of the sites/information sources according to some consistent set of criteria, and the fact checkers building a reputation for doing that and wanting to maintain it.

How would you go about trying to assess and compare the reliability of information sources, then? Or is it impossible and there are no facts?

1 Like

Some legal claims here referring to common law:

From here. There are more tweets there answering some questions:

2 Likes

I would hedge a bet the fact checkers are usually not ‘independent’. Who funds them? I bet you could find the sources eventually link to NGOs with vested interests.
Before the fact checkers arrived (around the time Trump came into politics) what did (some) people do?
They would look at the information themselves and question things.
If it is from the legacy media, and related to politics, I take it with a pinch of salt. If there is news from the legacy media that counters the narrative, I am more inclined to trust it. It is always a pleasant surprise to see something in the say the Telegraph that exposes something the government has done for example (I just remembered UK Col reported in March or April last year that a whistleblower had revealed the UK government had used the nudge unit for psychological methods to push C19. The Telegraph reported this last month!).
The psychological games being played now on the public results in many news pieces having little news in them.
Saying that, Walter Lippmann did say about a century ago that ‘the news and truth are not the same thing’.

4 Likes

Hope that doesn’t happen.

1 Like

“Staring.”

Now that’s a funny side effect.

1 Like

I believe that usually refers to hospitalisation…And it seems to hold up pretty well .

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news/articles/2021-06-25/99-of-new-us-covid-hospitalizations-deaths-occurring-among-the-unvaccinated

Nevertheless the numbers will change as the vast majority get vaccinated.

In countries such as the US with huge differences in different states of vaccinated vs unvaccinated you’ll see different stats state by state.

2 Likes

https://www.timesofisrael.com/just-one-serious-covid-patient-in-israel-is-both-vaccinated-and-under-60-tv/

4 Likes

Being young is the super power against this virus. I read some estimates that taking the vaccine takes away maybe fifteen years from your real age in terms of equivalent immunity (youth not fatness being the major determinant…It’s hard to rail against people getting old of course ).

3 Likes