Vaccine mandates and vaccine passports

I agree with this. If biology, natural history and human history has taught us 1 thing, its that your point has been fairly well proven!

1 Like

Head Start provides education-related services to low-income children.

It was really nice of the Biden admin to dangle funding and the vaccination over the program’s head. :clap:

1 Like

Encouraging public health? Oh, the horror! Real Murrcan patriot eagle freedom gun jesus pickup truck men encourage school shootings and obesity! Yeeeehawwww!

1 Like

“doing illegal and immoral shit” ≠ “encouraging public health”

Frankly, I think people will need to get used to the idea of sorting out their own problems, and accept that government henceforth is going to be a malevolent force standing against human progress. Things like “Head Start” programmes need to go back to funding/supporting themselves from private pockets so that they can run their operations as they see fit. Hopefully people will vote with their feet and avoid organisations run by fascists and religious nutcases.

1 Like

The main problem with everything today is wgen people go from 0 to 100 in an instant and just go full blown extremist on either side.

He was saying its not nice to give an ultimatum to an education service (presumably eapecially when the rest of the country is a total clusterfuck).

The ultra left is every bit a much responsible as the ultra right. There are degrees and we shouldnt be going full fuck you without actually trying logical fact based measures first.

1 Like
1 Like

Anyone for gambling their life savings into one new type of asset? One thing, that if successful will make you gloriously wealthy? Any takers against conventional wisdom? I say don’t do it, play things conservative. Oh, but yes…I suppose that makes me the extreme one.

“Omicron is so contagious that it will affect all populations of the world. It will lead to enhanced immunity, we will all be better armed afterwards. But to put the maximum chances on our side, we must continue to immunize the planet urgently, especially in countries where access to doses is more complicated,” he said.

Hopefully that nonsensical word salad is just a result of poor translation. But I suspect it isn’t.

If Omicron is going to get everyone and the vax pass allows for naturally-acquired immunity, then exactly what is the point of the vax pass? How many cars do les grenouilles have to set on fire to put a stop to this?

3 Likes

They said many times that everyone must be vaccinated to compete. Can’t bully Djokovic. Medical exemption….more like he called ya bluff.

1 Like

Or maybe not.

2 Likes

Just proves that he did call the tournament’s bluff and they were willing to let him play vaccinated or not.

If he had kept quiet until he got into OZ, he would have been fine.

3 Likes

LOL. This whole shitshow just gets more and more ridiculous.

I imagine Djokovic is mighty pissed off, but by contributing to the general “WTF?” atmosphere, he may perhaps help to put an end to all this. I wonder if, instead of appealing or letting it rest, he might take a punt on calling out the authorities there on being a bunch of lunatics? It’d be a “putting everything on red” scenario, but maybe he’s made enough money already to take that gamble?

The BBC ran an opinion piece the other day in which they collected a bunch of people on the street (Onion-style) to say that Djokovic was a terrible person and would probably be booed off the court. It’s not impossible that those people actually were representative of the general opinion.

EDIT: pure speculation - did they offer him the “medical exemption” with the explicit intent of humiliating him at the border? It doesn’t seem likely that border control could unilaterally override an official exemption.

1 Like

I figured this was just to humiliate him since they knew he was unvaccinated, and still let him arrive, then held him for a few hours just to deport him and then let the media know that ‘he isn’t getting a pass’

Very low class

2 Likes

If that’s what happened - and reading the quotes in the article, it looks a lot like it - I really hope he goes totally John McEnroe on their asses. Judging from the way the Australian parliament is run, slanging matches is the way things are done over there.

1 Like

New developments

1 Like

Do you guys think the booster will be mandated for cram/kindy? I’m bitter af at the new 3 months.

I have the same worries. It really feels like the government are continually moving the goalposts

Its a good time to be self employed.

2 Likes

The nurses were too scared to answer but the doctor did.

Good man for having the balls to say it.

3 Likes

Having the balls to say that this is an obesity disease, regardless of the outliers. Obesity in terms of fatalities, before someone posts the expected. Therefore, an easily curable (preventable) pandemic.

3 Likes