Vaccines for Teachers (Category 7)

the deadline of the 1st round vaccine registration was July 19. The deadline of the 2nd round of vaccine registration is July 30. You should be registered on MOE’s buxiban teacher list by that time to be on the vaccine list.

1 Like

Doesn’t work like that. My wife is 50 and I am a buxiban teacher. She had her push notification that she is eligible for vaccination through this week and I am still waiting for my vaccination via my job.

Best you can hope for is a Friday appointment.

This is true. I only just started my job, so my police check was too late for applying through the school. They had me sign up for a personal vaccine appointment as that will be faster than waiting for the next window for schools to apply.

They are mandatory, I believe, and schools I’ve worked at have all asked for them. In fact, it’s not foreign teachers who generally work without police background checks; in my experience, it’s Taiwanese staff/managers. There are various gaps, though, such as buxiban owners being able to add teachers to the buxiban registration system without them having obtained police checks.

I applied online for my latest police check, for the vaccine, last week. I noticed something fascinating about the page where you can make an inquiry: it asks only for an ID/passport number and a birth date, making it effectively a public database.

My buxiban hasn’t asked me to get a police check. Maybe they used the one I got in March.

or, if you were already registered to MOE’s list, they don’t need your police check to list you for vaccine.

1 Like

I signed my new contract on 7th July including, in order to receive the vaccine, declaration to the NTC education department and governor that I was not a soldier or student and was qualified to teach. Then on 13th I had to go back in because those forms necessary for vaccination needed to be in a different format. But when I asked, they still didn’t need a more recent police check.

I provided an FBI criminal check for my first arc and my school still needs a criminal check.

It will work like that for most people. Some young cram school/ and most public school teachers, regardless of age, have had it and most people in their 40s and 50s haven’t yet.

Just because your wife is going to get it before you doesn’t change that.

With respect, yes it does. Nothing exceptional re my wife’s case. Everyone I know older than myself has been vaccinated or scheduled ahead of me, so your hypothetical pitting old vs young is not occurring.

I don’t know how old you are. I am guessing 50 plus if you are saying that.

My point is that young teachers are getting vaccinated before older workers who may have a greater need. Are you saying that is not true?

Are you saying that everyone over 40 has been offered a vaccine if they want one?

What about 50? Has everyone over 50 had the chance to be vaccinated?

My sister in law is 44 and hasn’t been offered one yet. My coworker is 25 and has been vaccinated.

many parents want cram schools open, so wouldn’t complain 20s buxiban teachers vaccinated earlier.

Yes. Some people are selfish like that.

1 Like

social need may be included to evaluate the need.

Yes, i understand. The guy wrote that it isn’t happening when it is. Whether it is right or wrong is the debate. i don’t believe it is right even though i will benefit from it.

I am going to leave it there though because it has happened already and most people on here are teachers who want to be vaccinated.

Nope , I am still waiting 50 plus, with a pre condition.

1 Like

This indicates you likely have selected Moderna only as your preference through the 1922 portal?

It’s fully up to you to decide that, but we do need to be aware that the authorities have clearly signalled to all that there will be a 3-4 week wait before additional Moderna doses will be released.

Guy

1 Like

Let’s try to stay on topic:
When, where, who, and how teachers can / will / are receiving vaccines.

Whether teachers under 50 or under 40 should or should not be offered vaccines before older groups can be discussed in its own thread.

2 Likes

cram school teachers older than 47.5 maybe get vaccine earlier by public vaccine program than by buxiban teacher vaccine program.

4 Likes