Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics Live Broadcast

For those who need to see the live coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics it is carried on the Thailand TRUE VISIONS package ESPN.

This is not carried on the Taiwan ESPN. There are several bars with the THAI Truevisions package so if you need they may be able to record all the events for replay.

However you can watch the current Winter X Games.

I’ll be happily watching at home. :smiley:

lame.

I want to see the Olympic Hockey tournament live. Guess its p2p for me.

Wikipedia has a list of Broadcasters by Counry.
But it ain’t listing Taiwan. [wikipedia]List of 2010 Winter Olympics broadcasters[/wikipedia]
Don’t think anyone in Taiwan actually cares about it.

They’ve had the Google streetview photographers on skidoos on the Whistler runs, apparently, so you can “streetview” yourself down the black runs. Haven’t seen it yet but sounds pretty cool to me.

Why would anyone give a rat’s ass about the Olympics?
Especially in such a bloated facile environment as Vancouver?

[quote=“engerim”]Wikipedia has a list of Broadcasters by Counry.
But it ain’t listing Taiwan. [wikipedia]List of 2010 Winter Olympics broadcasters[/wikipedia]
Don’t think anyone in Taiwan actually cares about it.[/quote]

And that despite the fact that they will carry home tons of medals from it… :laughing:

And that despite the fact that they will carry home tons of medals from it… :laughing:[/quote]

Last time all my Canadian friends asked me if I could record all the mens medals games Canada was going to win the Gold they told me. Only problem they forgot to tell the mens team which crashed and burned and got no medals in Ice Hockey. :blush:

Well some of the ICE Hockey events featuring Canada are on in the mornings live… I may have to record the Ice Hocky games some are really early AM our time. Some are mid day events out time

Monday 22 February 08:30am Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Ice Hockey Match: Canada vs. United States

14:00pm Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Ice Hockey
Match: Sweden vs. Finland

ESPN Thailand has many live Ice Hockey and other events… and I have a special Olympics channel as well from another satellite but no schedule of what they show. Not that it matters as can check events schedule.

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]Why would anyone give a rat’s ass about the Olympics?
Especially in such a bloated facile environment as Vancouver?[/quote]

I’m just watching it for the protests. Canadians are the best in the world at pointing out the flaws of others. If they can’t win any medals at least they can show how good they are at being negative.

And I can only surmise that you’re all forgetting that great Scottish sport of housework-on-ice, aka, the unforgettable spectacle of curling.
If you’ve never played it, you don’t know what you’re missing. If you’ve never watched other people playing it, think yourself lucky. :laughing:

[quote=“sandman”]And I can only surmise that you’re all forgetting that great Scottish sport of housework-on-ice, aka, the unforgettable spectacle of curling.

If you’ve never played it, you don’t know what you’re missing. If you’ve never watched other people playing it, think yourself lucky. :laughing:[/quote]

Thanks god the curling is on hahahah

17 February 04:30 Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Curling
18 February 13:30 Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Curling Match: China vs. Switzerland
20 February 07:00 Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Curling
21 February 08:00 Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Curling
23 February 07:30 Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Curling
24 February 09:00 Live Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games - Curling

Checked this morning on Taiwanese CATV.
Nobody broadcasts the opening ceremony!

There’s actually one Taiwanese participating (in luge).
Ma Chih-hung (馬志鴻) from Pingtung.

[quote=“engerim”]Checked this morning on Taiwanese CATV. Nobody broadcasts the opening ceremony!

There’s actually one Taiwanese participating (in luge). Ma Chih-hung (馬志鴻) from Pingtung.[/quote]

I have already posted that the Winter Olypmics is not broadcast on cable TV.

Plenty of sources for it though some channels carry the Olympics live for free :smiley:

I just watched the whole thing on MOD.

Some very nice visual effects and colors, like the whales swimming across the floor. But I didn’t like the songs and the skiers dangling helplessly in front of a fake mountain. The worst part was the guy at the end (the climax?) talking about Canada. What was that all about? Begging for attention, asking for recognition? “Can’t you see, Canada is this and that…bla bla bla.” If you are a great nation, people will notice. You don’t have to tell it over and over again.

[quote=“hannes”]I just watched the whole thing on MOD.

Some very nice visual effects and colors, like the whales swimming across the floor. But I didn’t like the songs and the skiers dangling helplessly in front of a fake mountain. The worst part was the guy at the end (the climax?) talking about Canada. What was that all about? Begging for attention, asking for recognition? “Can’t you see, Canada is this and that…bla bla bla.” If you are a great nation, people will notice. You don’t have to tell it over and over again.[/quote]

Canaduh

[quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]Why would anyone give a rat’s ass about the Olympics?

I’m just watching it for the protests. Canadians are the best in the world at pointing out the flaws of others. If they can’t win any medals at least they can show how good they are at being negative.[/quote]

Lol, one of the protesting groups made it on Taiwan news. My wife said,"Why they protest? Canada is good country. I just said they are pissed off that the government is spending lots of money on the olympics and not giving them red envelopes for being lazy assholes.

[quote=“djkonstable”][quote=“trebuchet”][quote=“TheGingerMan”]Why would anyone give a rat’s ass about the Olympics?

I’m just watching it for the protests. Canadians are the best in the world at pointing out the flaws of others. If they can’t win any medals at least they can show how good they are at being negative.[/quote]

Lol, one of the protesting groups made it on Taiwan news. My wife said,"Why they protest? Canada is good country. I just said they are pissed off that the government is spending lots of money on the olympics and not giving them red envelopes for being lazy assholes.[/quote]

I do have to admire them. Shaming their country for the sake of poor people who aren’t getting treated well by the government is much more noble than trying to cover it up. But it IS amusing, isn’t it? I can’t help it, protestors are weird no matter where they come from.

I hope things get better soon.

[quote]http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cifamerica/2010/jan/31/vancouver-winter-olympics-police
Quote:
“The Bailout Games” have already been labelled a staggering financial disaster. While the complete costs are still unknown, the Vancouver and British Columbian governments have hinted at what’s to come by cancelling 2400 surgeries, laying off 233 government employees, 800 teachers and recommending the closure of 14 schools. It might be enough to make one cynical, but luckily every inch of the city is now coated with advertisements that feature smiley people enjoying the products of the event’s gracious sponsors.

Conservative estimates now speculate that the games will cost upwards of $6bn, with little chance of a return. This titanic act of fiscal malfeasance includes a security force that was originally budgeted at $175m, but has since inflated to $900m. With more than 15,000 members, it’s the largest military presence seen in western Canada since the end of the second world war, an appropriate measure only if one imagines al-Qaida are set to descend from the slopes on C2-strapped snowboards. With a police officer on every corner and military helicopters buzzing overhead, Vancouver looks more like post-war Berlin than an Olympic wonderland. Whole sections of the city are off-limits, scores of roads have been shut down, small businesses have been told to close shop and citizens have been instructed to either leave the city or stay indoors to make way for the projected influx of 300,000 visitors.
[/quote]

Tomorrow is another day. Good luck Canada! Let’s hope things turn around for you!

I find that sickening. I don’t think you’d see that kind of criticism in Vancouver papers as I understand the media has largely been gagged from negative comments. I have friends that were (legally) kicked out of their apartment in North Van to make room for visitors. The only people that got to vote for the olympics were Vancouverites. The rest of the province (who are also going to bear the brunt of paying for it and suffer the cutbacks) had no vote. How many decades did Montréal take to pay off the '76 olympics?
Anyhow, having said that, and just to show what a spineless prole I am, does anyone have TV coverage who is willing to let me come over to watch women’s (or men’s) olympic hockey (or figure skating, or whatever - but not curling). I’ll bring snacks and stuff.
This is the one time every four years that I wish I had tv.

[quote=“kage”]I find that sickening. I don’t think you’d see that kind of criticism in Vancouver papers as I understand the media has largely been gagged from negative comments. I have friends that were (legally) kicked out of their apartment in North Van to make room for visitors. The only people that got to vote for the olympics were Vancouverites. The rest of the province (who are also going to bear the brunt of paying for it and suffer the cutbacks) had no vote. How many decades did Montréal take to pay off the '76 olympics?
Anyhow, having said that, and just to show what a spineless prole I am, does anyone have TV coverage who is willing to let me come over to watch women’s (or men’s) olympic hockey (or figure skating, or whatever - but not curling). I’ll bring snacks and stuff.
This is the one time every four years that I wish I had tv.[/quote]
If you were in Tainan you would’ve been more than welcome at my place. Aren’t any of the pubs open?