Vatican Declined to Defrock U.S. Priest Who Abused Boys

Not from my personal point of view, from the point of view of international law and military strategy. But you knew that.[/quote]

I didn’t, actually. In that thread you were coming across, at least to me, as very pro-military, and indeed strongly promoting the idea that pre-emptive strikes (violence) solved problems, rather than prolonged them. Hence, I was very surprised to find you now saying “I feel the same disgust for those Christians who have practiced violence in the past.” But, whatever.[/quote]

You must have missed [url=New State-of-the-Art Defense Shield for Iran! - #49 by Fortigurn post:

That’s very clear.

No it isn’t.

That sounds like an ad hoc excuse to justify refusing to donate to religious charities, and a very bad one at that. What would you say if you met people whom those charities support? Would you say ‘I’m sorry, I chose not to relieve your suffering because I thought those to whom I donated would brag about it’? Even if you had evidence that ‘they will then later be trumpeting about how much they helped people and how great they are’ (and we both know this is ridiculous), so what if they did? What about how UNICEF trumpets about how much they helped people and how great they are?