Vegetables distributors for restaurants in Taipei

Hi,
anyone with a link of distributors or suppliers of fresh vegetables to restaurants?
Not markets, farms or supermarkets.
Thanks

Depends on the side of the restaurant. Our neighborhood restaurants get supplied by the neighborhood vegetable store, which in turn gets its goods from the large vegetable market in Neihu. Fish from a certain at all in Suao. A pig farm truck delivers a live pig to the market each morning. 3 neighborhood suppliers provide dry goods and tableware.

1 Like

Thanks @Icon
I am more looking for the distributor for high end restaurants ( not that local market are bad).
Do you have any names or links for those distributors?
thanks

A live pig? So the meat sold is from it? If so I will start buying meat from the market instead of Costco and major supermarkets. I always saw those trucks at midnight transporting unrefrigerated hanging dead open pigs on various highways in Taiwan. One time had a chance to ask a driver in the south were was he headed and he said Taipei. So I just wondered that meat all those hours out of refrigeration …

One supposes that if at 3am a live black pig was unloaded from the truck and that by 6 am there are several assorted pork parts hanging from varios racks, some kind of transformation took place.

2 Likes

They have a minimum amount before they deliver, if not they add delivery cost.
I have to check.

I don’t think that’s the case anymore, as it is or should be with chickens and other birds.

Normal!
In Europe they would pull you over, confiscate the load and have it destroyed. You can’t even transport eggs without refrigeration.

1 Like

I sent a PM

Indeed there is a lot of security involved now. GPS trackers for trucks and codes for all animals.

hi again,
can anyone help me with a website link to the vegetables distributors in Taipei - New Taipei?
If a list exist or something similar, maybe some location where i can meet them…
Iam thinking of the blue trucks delivering the veggies early morning.
thanks

Well, the big fruit and vegetable market on Huanhe S. Rd. for one. That near you?

1 Like

not too far.
iam more looking for a distributor list or link.
Dealing with them directly and not from the stalls at the market.

I see, but just in case you don’t realize, that’s not an ordinary market. It’s a distribution node.

yes exactly.
we wish to enter the network and have our veg sold directly to the wholesaler - distributors etc…

1 Like
2 Likes

thanks @tando
Iam aware of them and they are the one i would like to cut down ( if it is possible by any mean)

1 Like

thanks a lot @tando