Vegetarian Restaurants

Well, I just finished a take-out box form there loterally ten minutes ago. I’m not kidding. It is a good buffet. Not one of the cheapest ones, but a reasonable price and good food. Here’s a link for it:
geocities.com/wang_shusheng/Zhijin.html

If you want a REALLY good buffet, come along to our Veggie Dinenr tomorrow night, but you should let me know first.

forumosa.com/3/viewtopic.php?t=8877

Brian

Hah, I must have just missed you I was in there about the same time. Still the same. Wish they would get some new dishes now and again but can’t complain.

Thanks for the offer, Brian, afraid I can’t though.

I don’t know if it is the best place but it is a secluded place near the Gu Ting School. From Grandma Nitti’s, it is within walking distance. I do not know the name of the place but I am sure other Forumosians know (if I get the directions right). OK Go towards the Gu Ting elementary school on Lung Chuan street from Grandma Nitties. Make a left where there is a Giraffe Bushiban in the street before the elementary school and where the outside market starts to take place selling veggies fruits and fish on the road.

Head down and I think it is after the Giraffe Bushiban, make a right into the lane and go all the way to the end. There should be a big gate for a school?. Anyways to the right is a small road and there is lots of plantation and you feel like you are not in the city. Seems like a good getaway in the Shi Da area.

I would have never found the place even by accident. A little hard to describe.

I think the owner is a man with a Tibetian style clothing cuz his picture in on the wall and he walked in exactly looking like the picture.

Food is good.

Yes it is, but its hardly what you’d expect for brunch – its a vegetarian restaurant that grows its own produce through some kind of commune with farmland up on Yangmingshan someplace (I’ve been there, but don’t ask for directions!). The restaurant is indeed a nice place to hang out and drink some tea – lots of greenery, very quiet, peaceful and relaxing, but if you go expecting sausage egg and hash browns you’ll be disappointed.

That sounds a it complicated. Is that place good for a long talk or just sit there and chill out?

Yes it is, but its hardly what you’d expect for brunch – its a vegetarian restaurant that grows its own produce through some kind of commune with farmland up on Yangmingshan someplace (I’ve been there, but don’t ask for directions!). The restaurant is indeed a nice place to hang out and drink some tea – lots of greenery, very quiet, peaceful and relaxing, but if you go expecting sausage egg and hash browns you’ll be disappointed.[/quote]
The name of the place you’re talking about is called Om Put Hom, and we’re going there for lunch (brunch if you like) on Sunday 8 June. Details here.
Brian

[quote=“Sir Donald Bradman”]The name of the place you’re talking about is called Om Put Hom, and we’re going there for lunch (brunch if you like) on Sunday 8 June. Details here.
Brian[/quote]
And they’ve got a big sign up opposite of the Giraffe school where you have to turn right. Bri: I walk by there every sunday. Really looking forward to next weekend, count me in :wink:

Iris

Do you known any vegetables restaurant ?
I want to try different food style, vegetables food maybe a good test.
So if you known some special vegetables food please let me know.
Thanks.

Why don’t you do a search for “vegetarian” res. “veggie” in the Restaurants, Bars & Clubs forum and check out the threads that come up there?

There also is a “Monthly veggie feed” thread in the events forum.

HTH
Iris

bump for a merge.

dzh

michangel,

Thanks for posting that link, I’ve found all sorts of stuff

Plenty here for the picking:

happycow.net/asia/taiwan/taipei/index.html

As I am new to Taipei it has been a generally good experience veggie wise so to speak.

Cheers, S.

minder vegetarian buffet in the basement of the eslite near city hall takes prize for best–if you’re like me about only in fact–food in any department store food court in taipei. i knew them from location across from b wing of cathay hospital, don’t know if they have other branches. lots of choices, only complaint is light on choices of leafy greens. love the “little fish” style hot peppers dofu and peanuts.

Minder are very good. They have a chain of about 10 restaurants. One is in the basement of the new building of NTU Hospital.

The food is pricier than a normal buffet, but worth it because it’s very good. At the larger branches you can also doa single price all-you-can-eat with drinks, soups, desserts etc.

If you like that, you should try Spring on Changchun Rd, which is even better.

Brian

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]

If you like that, you should try Spring on Changchun Rd, which is even better.

Brian[/quote]

where exactly Brian? i’m most hyped about this Minder just because of the location, nice to have edible food of any kind in a food court.

Address for Spring (really good all you can eat veggie buffet)
-Changchun Rd, 26, 3F, 2525-1622

Addresses for Minder (nearly as good weigh and pay veggie buffet or all you can eat at larger branches).
-Xindian Minchuan Rd, 137 8218-7858 (big one)
-Taipei Dunhua S Rd, sec 2, L63, 47
-Taipei Renai Rd, sec 4, L300, A17, 3
-Taipei Jianguo S Rd, sec 2, L151, 30
-Taipei NTU Hospital basement - Zhongshan S Rd, sec 1, 7, B1 (small one)
-Taipei Shipai Rd, sec 2, 201, 1F (I think the note says it’s in the hospital)
-Banqiao East Asia Hospital, Banqiao, Nanya S Rd, Sec 2, 21, 6F and B1?
-Xindian Ciji Hospital, Xindian, Jianguo Rd, 289, B1
-Taipei Neihu Chenggong Rd, sec 2, 325, B1 (in the hospital)
-Taipei Eslite, Songgao Rd, 11, B2

Brian

Most of the vegetarian buffets I’ve been too seem to use a lot of oil (like the food is dripping with it). How are Minder and Spring in that respect?

Minder is good there. There are a lot of choices. I stay away from the deep fried stuff.

Brian have you been to the new location of the place on Nanchang Rd.? They moved a while back.

The Shipai Minder must be in the Vet’s General Hospital.

Haven’t been there for a long time.

I checked the Minder website:

minder.com.tw/

Seems that the Xindian branch is the only big one with an all-you-can-eat buffet. The others are smaller. But they’re still bigger than your average buffet, with, as Tempo Gain said, a great choice fo excellent food. The one in Xindian just adds another floor with soups, desserts, drinks and other things to choose.

Brian