Vegetarian Restaurants

[quote=“Bu Lai En”]Address for Spring (really good all you can eat veggie buffet)
-Changchun Rd, 26, 3F, 2525-1622[/quote]

I found out there’s a difference between Spring, and Minder: the buffet at Spring is 550 NT$ / person but unlimited, and it’s a real ‘restaurant’; while Minder is the usual ‘lunchbox’ buffet-kind-of-place (say, around 80 NT$).

Though I didn’t try Spring yet, I saw their restaurant inside and it looks very good. They told me they have 150 different kinds of vegetarian dishes.

But I did check out Minder (Renai branch) and loved the food there (it’s my first time to try Minder). It’s clean, there’s a lot of choice of fresh dishes… nice!

Anyway, thanks for recommending.

E.

Yes, Spring is a real restaurant. I had my wedding there. They do banquets.

Minder (most branches) are more or less a normal ‘lunchbox’ buffet, but with a wider range of better food than most and a slightly higher price to match (pay by weight). BUT the main branch of Minder, in Xindian, is also a sit down real restaurant with an all-you-can-eat buffet with drinks,soups, desserts etc. I went there again last weekend and it was really good (although Spring is better). I think it’s about 280 per person.

Brian

This weekend I noticed that a Minder branch has opened in the new Breeze Center up above Taipei Train Station. Not sure if it’s the all-you-can-eat kind or a pay-by-weight kind, though.

pay by weight. went other day, ok but not quite up to level of other minder’s i’ve tried, particularly one in city hall eslite.

pretty good “bagels” in the milkhouse bakery though.

Am off to tainan this weekend, first visit in years. 2 or 3 veggie recommendations for dinner would be great…

HappyCow site serves up:
Lin’s Vegetarian Restaurant: 34, Sec. 4, Changrong Rd 長榮路
Vegetarian House: 21, Section 2, Dah Torng Road
Vonny’s Garden: 95, Linsen Rd, Sec 2
Wu Liang Shou Vegetarian Cafeteria: 269 Dong Ning Road

Hi,
we have 8 vegetarian burgers at KGB (Kiwi Gourmet Burgers). 7 are based on a walnut lentil patty and the other is a layered stack of grilled vegetables.

Cheers
Ants

The Tianhou supermarket has a very tasty bien tang -note; call ahead and reserve it, otherwise it’ll be gone- plus, it offers a medium sized huo guo. Veggie and huen da (meat) available, all organic.

It’s got a very filling jin li tang, too. A meal all by itself.

Tanhou 2351-6268 ext 101 (to order your bien tag)
Bei Ping East Road, number 30. (two blocks away from Shantao Temple Station)

xie-xie Icon, will see if we can get there. I’d be on the KGB burgers too, but that’s a Taipei gig, no ???

[quote=“Icon”]The Tianhou supermarket has a very tasty biandang -note; call ahead and reserve it, otherwise it’ll be gone- plus, it offers a medium sized huo guo. Veggie and huen da (meat) available, all organic.

It’s got a very filling jin li tang, too. A meal all by itself.

Tanhou 2351-6268 ext 101 (to order your bien tag)
Bei Ping East Road, number 30. (two blocks away from Shantao Temple Station)[/quote]

We had a very nice organic (not vegetarian) hotpot ($550) at Tianhou today; they have a restaurant for hotpot in B1, with vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, all organic, plus an organic shabu shabu and fresh drink bar in the middle of the supermarket. We’ll definitely go back to try the shabu shabu and for groceries. If you park across the street, you get a free hour for every NT$1000 in purchases in the store; take your receipt and parking ticket to the service counter on 1F before exiting. I noticed there aren’t any threads on organic restaurants, so if the mods don’t mind I’ll post some of this in a new thread on that topic as well.

There’s one across Taipei Arena (Songshan Sports Centre) on the 2nd floor. It is also across a Pizza Hut. The Taipei Arena is on Dunhua South/North road. The restaurant has a menu with a range of fancy dishes.
Another one close by Yianji Road and Ximing Da Dao intersection. From Ximing Da Dao walk on Yianji Road towards direction of Ba De Road, it should be on your right and not far from Ximing Da Dao. The food is buffet style and is light on oil and quite delicious too.

This place in Tamsui / Danshui is good.

Suman

蔬漫蔬食料理

The green room is good

The loving hut has good Tom yum soup