Vegetarian Teppanyaki?

I’ve heard good things about Teppanyaki but mostly from those who like meat a lot. Is it possible to get vegetarian Teppanyaki? Is it any good? Also, how do I identify a Teppanyaki restaurant? Are these the ones with the big U-shaped grills?

Yeah, just order stuff that’s not meat. Veggies, mushrooms and some tofu.

I don’t think it’s anything special, but I had another veggie friend who loved it. Hotpot’s more my thing.

Yep, just look for those u-shaped grills. The ones in food courts are usually more expensive.

Brian

There is a vegetarian restaurant on the Eastern side of Roosevelt Rd if you walk up from Shida Rd towards Heping Rd. They have a big sign outside advertising for vegetarian Teppanyaki, I believe.

I’ll take down the address next time I happen to walk by. I’ve never been in there, so I don’t know what their food is like.

HTH
Iris

[quote]There is a vegetarian restaurant on the Eastern side of Roosevelt Rd if you walk up from Shi-Da Rd towards Heping Rd. They have a big sign outside advertising for vegetarian Teppanyaki, I believe.

I’ll take down the address next time I happen to walk by. I’ve never been in there, so I don’t know what their food is like. [/quote]

They suck.

Standard vegetarian ‘noodle shop’ fare dressed up and overpriced - with a 10% service charge :noway:

Brian

Is it Fan Yi you guys speak of? If yes, then I did recently have their vegetarian Teppanyaki. It was tasty but a little pricey. Plus it was just tofu and I’m partial to having some vegetables thrown in there as well.

Typical teppanyaki places offer Tofu, and buying it typically includes two different vegetables. There’s also a sort-of-omelete thing you can get if you’re impartial to eggs.