Veggie Fest, Food and Music Festival

Oh, you’re in the no-clique clique.

1 Like

I hate how they have so much fried food here and no salad bars. Can we make a forumosa salad truck :smiling_face_with_tear:

2 Likes

It’s because they’re mostly shit, and play cover versions. I’m not paying NT$600 to listen to some Americans playing “Hotel California” and “Knocking on Heaven’s Door”.

5 Likes

There was literally a Beatles tribute band. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It’s mostly a circle jerk. Same bands or same members with different band names.

But yes, if it was promoted as a veggie fest and there were hardly any veggies that is pretty lame.

2 Likes

Fuck me. If that’s the extent of their propaganda/advertising, I may just start eating meat again.

1 Like

It wouldn’t have been so bad but the bass player was right handed. Frickin’ bush league. :rofl:

Taiwanese vegetarian festival teaches you Gaelic :wave:

were you honestly expecting anything else? if you want healthy fresh veg, gotta pay more than market prices :slight_smile:

Check out Plants, that restaraunt is yummy, fresh and on point. price reflects reality.

2 Likes

Totally right!
I want nutritious vegetarian food. Not artery clogging crap that just happens to be meatless.

Btw, my affordable alternative to a salad bar are these night market stalls where you pick a bunch of vegetables (like 6 veggies for 100 NTD) and the seller cuts them up, adds some pepper and salt and puts them in a bag. My friends call them “cold veggie place”, but I don’t know if that’s the name other people use.

2 Likes

those are amazing. I love them too.

Small note, I have had serious ecoli 6 times from those. 3 times overnight in the hospital. but now my gut biota is stronger, that was when I was new here.

1 Like

Oh nooo! I’m glad it has not happened to you anymore. I’ve had food poisoning twice already from night market food. But surprisingly never from those places (given the sanitary conditions). My favourite ones are the ones around ShiDa because they are tasty and look clean.

finding clean ones is key!

they are absolutely delicious, fully agree.

1 Like

Yeah I’m guessing there’s no margin in what i want to see. Whereas throwing heavily processed goo in a bun or a taco or a samosa means you can charge 150.

that reality has been a progressively prominent form of food. Expect it to become more and more like this. Wont be long before most food is processed goo from factories and labs. Fresh vegetables and the like will become a luxury niche.

1 Like

Maybe I’ll organize my own RAW free jazz fest. Raw vegetables and bugs, honey, mushrooms, acacia bark.

Maybe some mud wrestling too…