Vehicle Leasing in Taiwan (Expert in Buying or Renting New/Used Car in Taiwan)

Yes we do Porsche 911 as well! But they only lease to buy not lease and return

1 Like

This is the price range for per day, I can get discount for it and it will depend when you will need the car.

1 Like

What level of insurance comes at those rates?

Here is the Insurance for our short term car.

Can we waive insurance coverage to lower the price? I can get my own insurance

Couple of questions!

1. Does the DUI clause also mean if the other party is 100% responsible for the accident but found to be DUI there is no insurance coverage or only if I am DUI?

2. What is “unidentified damage”? Does this mean that if I park the car and return to find it damaged but cannot find who damaged it, then I am responsible to pay for the repairs?

3. If the vehicle is damaged by a tree falling in a Typhoon or flooding in a Typhoon am I responsible for 100% of the repair or car replacement cost?

Is there a higher level of insurance available which means I would have 0 cost no matter what happens to the car or any third parties?

2 Likes

For lease and return the answer is no, because the car will belong to Chailease when it return back, but for lease to buy you can, but few insurance option will require to have.

Furthermore, insurance amount can change as well.

1 Like
  1. DUI is extremely forbidden in Taiwan, Insurance company will reject to compensate on anyone who does the DUI.

2. It will be maximum 10,000, if it is beyond repair, renter is responsible for 10-20 percent market value of the car. when you see the damage, it is important to call the police straight away, to obtain CCTV to try find the hit and run perpetrator. Renter

3. It will be maximum 10,000, if it is beyond repair, renter is responsible for 10-20 percent market value of the car, Disasters insurance is available when you have Type A insurance, but our insurance for short term is Type B.

1 Like

Short term rental insurance will all stay the same, unless you choose long term rental. You can choose higher insurance like Type A insurance, it compensate almost everything, but not everything, for example, if the car got stolen, there is 10 percent market value of the car if car cannot be found from police after 30 days.

1 Like

This is for moral factor

So this means that if I have not had any alcohol but someone who is DUI breaks a red light and crashes into my rental car neither sides insurance will pay and I might have to pay 10% of the value of the rental car plus my hospital bills?

Nope, normally the one with DUI will have full responsibility.
If you do not break any traffic law at all, Im sure you won’t have to pay anything, on the other hand the one who does DUI have to compensate you, if you got injury you could also ask for more, the period you could not work, hospital bills, anything you lose from this accident. If the DUI party refuse you have right to sue him.

Remember, if there is accident happened, always make sure to call the police to get the police report, so you have a proof that can protect yourself.

1 Like

So if you’re hit by a DUI driver you have to pay all bills yourself until they agree to compensate you even with insurance?

I am not sure how easy it is to sue someone in Taiwan and actually collect any money, but in the US this process can take half a year, $20k USD in court bills and in the end it can be impossible to collect any money if the other person doesn’t hold a job.

If they have full responsibility will their insurance pay compensation or will their insurance be invalid because they were DUI?

Their insurance is invalid

OK, thanks. In that case who pays for the repairs to my rental car? Do I have to pay your rental company and then try to sue the DUI person or do I pay nothing and your rental company sues the DUI guy?

All you need to do is call the police in the first place, and our insurance company will do the job.

1 Like

You insurance company should be paid as well, as they can chase the money from DUI driver afterwards.
I mean it will still depend how the police report has stated.

It takes time as well, but people normally doesn’t want to have criminal records on them, or to be put in jail

Hi Mr. Wei,
I have just arrived Taiwan and will stay here two years. How much would it cost to lease a car for two years:

1. Corolla or similar
  2. SUV (Tucson or similar)
  3. 15,000 km per year
  4. Also second hand lease possible
1 Like