Venting

It’s ‘Annual Review’ time. Idiots. Words fail me.

1. ‘Can you describe a low point in your teaching practice this year?’
    a. ‘It would be impossible to isolate one specific instance that was more horrific than the rest although that six hours of cover while I had diarrhoea stands out.’
    b. ’ The class I’m about to wing in ten minutes because you are jabbering on about training goals during my prep time?’
    c. ‘I found the **** inspection a real challenge in terms of administration but I really appreciated the support I was given by the secretariat!’

2. ‘Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?’
    a. ‘In prison’
    b. ‘Working for a gangster’s money laundering front buxiban in GuangZhou.’
    c. ‘I’m really interested in exploring further qualifications and moving into a managerial role.’

3. ‘What advice would you give to a person starting out in the EFL/ESOL industry?’
    a. ‘ARE you retarded? Seriously? slaaap
    b. ‘Shut up. Go back to school.’
    c. ‘Every class is a new opportunity to connect with somebody! Try to gain as wide a level of experience as possible. Don’t forget you are learning as well as teaching!!!’

What did you want to be when you were 5 years old, Buttercup?

There is your answer for the purpose of your life.

I’ve always known what I have wanted to do with my life. I have been an utter, complete failure at it, but it’s the only thing I have ever wanted to do, and if I don’t succeed at it, I will be a failure even if I’m successful as an investment banker or the 100 million other jobs I could succeed at if I set my mind to it.

I can’t sleep.
A couple hours ago a cockroach ran across my bare foot.
Five minutes ago the lil’ fucker surprised me as I lifted the toilet seat.
Unpleasant surprises suck.
Maybe your little pest and mine will enjoy similarly brilliant futures.
:rainbow:

You want your cockroach to manage a chain school?

Do the ***s represent what I think they do? :noway:

[quote=“Buttercup”]It’s ‘Annual Review’ time. Idiots. Words fail me.

1. ‘Can you describe a low point in your teaching practice this year?’
    a. ‘It would be impossible to isolate one specific instance that was more horrific than the rest although that six hours of cover while I had diarrhoea stands out.’
    b. ’ The class I’m about to wing in ten minutes because you are jabbering on about training goals during my prep time?’
    c. ‘I found the **** inspection a real challenge in terms of administration but I really appreciated the support I was given by the secretariat!’

2. ‘Where do you see yourself in five years’ time?’
    a. ‘In prison’
    b. ‘Working for a gangster’s money laundering front buxiban in GuangZhou.’
    c. ‘I’m really interested in exploring further qualifications and moving into a managerial role.’

3. ‘What advice would you give to a person starting out in the EFL/ESOL industry?’
    a. ‘ARE you retarded? Seriously? slaaap
    b. ‘Shut up. Go back to school.’
    c. ‘Every class is a new opportunity to connect with somebody! Try to gain as wide a level of experience as possible. Don’t forget you are learning as well as teaching!!!’[/quote]

:notworthy: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :notworthy:

Thanks, Buttercup, you’ve made my day!!

[quote=“R. Daneel Olivaw”]You want your cockroach to manage a chain school?[/quote]My cockroach isn’t managing a chain school.
flush
Sit by the river long enough, and you’ll see your enemy’s body floating by.

[quote=“Jaboney”]I can’t sleep.
A couple hours ago a cockroach ran across my bare foot.
Five minutes ago the lil’ fucker surprised me as I lifted the toilet seat.
Unpleasant surprises suck.
Maybe your little pest and mine will enjoy similarly brilliant futures.
:rainbow:[/quote]
Try washing your feet in the bathtub instead.

Oh, poor buttercup. It sounds like someone needs some lovin’. Take three :hubba:
and call me for breakfast in the morning.

Quentin, a fairy/an orphan/a ballet dancer. One down.

Tash, sadly not…

THREE, Dr Zoidberg? I should coco!

[quote=“Quentin”]What did you want to be when you were 5 years old, Buttercup?

There is your answer for the purpose of your life.[/quote]When I was five I wanted to be an astronaut. They wouldn’t give me a spaceship because of my height.

Then I wanted to be a train driver, that didn’t last very long.

What’s wrong with a roach over a bare foot?
It could be much, much, worse…

That said, did you hunt it down & extract vengenance?!

I claimed my first indoor victim just the other day.
It fought valiantly, yet once in the perimeter, it was all just a matter of time. :scooby:

[quote=“Quentin”]What did you want to be when you were 5 years old, Buttercup?

There is your answer for the purpose of your life.

I’ve always known what I have wanted to do with my life. I have been an utter, complete failure at it, but it’s the only thing I have ever wanted to do, and if I don’t succeed at it, I will be a failure even if I’m successful as an investment banker or the 100 million other jobs I could succeed at if I set my mind to it.[/quote]

I wanted to be a supermarket cashier. I thought it would be fun to scan stuff over the laser reader.

Good thing I didn’t go with that. :laughing:

[quote=“TheGingerMan”]What’s wrong with a roach over a bare foot?
It could be much, much, worse…

That said, did you hunt it down & extract vengenance?!

I claimed my first indoor victim just the other day.
It fought valiantly, yet once in the perimeter, it was all just a matter of time. :scooby:[/quote]
It escaped, initially. I surprised it after it surprised me at the toilet.

I’m bored.

Field trip time. I’m going to take my class to see the mummies at the musee du Krappchester. I told them you can see eyelashes and all. Students all love my field trips; students from other classes try to gatecrash them. They consist of exactly eighteen minutes of potentially educational content, a bus ride and a trip to Starbucks.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangeways,_Here_We_Come

BC,

If yinzer in London, this might be a good place to go visit. If possible, get a buzz on before going.

Heard it, Gingerman.

Ner, I’m oop north, in the birthplace of the industrial revolution/The Fall. Generally, I believe London to be rubbish, but this museum is great. I used to live down the road from the natural history museum as well which have dinosaur skellingtons. Very supergood.

Well, i kinda figured that.
It’s an old album, and being from nearabouts …
I actually meant you should incorporate either the prison or that album into the field trip. There must be some geezers selling ices outside the gaol.
I shud have said that earlier. Yet this thread feels somehow like a temp thread. Yet, it can be editured.
Imagine That!
:bravo:

It’s the beauty of Open. I try to make sure every thread of mine could exist happily in temp. I consider it an almost Wildean obligation.

It’s certainly one of my favourite Smiths’ albums. I couldn’t actually go there because that is where poor people live and I might die, not to mention the mini-bus full of Iranian rich kids and Fujianese teenagers. Besides, there is no Starbucks. A good benchmark for a day trip, I think.