Venting

[quote=“Buttercup”]It’s the beauty of Open. I try to make sure every thread of mine could exist happily in temp. I consider it an almost Wildean obligation.

It’s certainly one of my favourite Smiths’ albums. I couldn’t actually go there because that is where poor people live and I might die, not to mention the mini-bus full of Iranian rich kids and Fujianese teenagers. Besides, there is no Starbucks. A good benchmark for a day trip, I think.[/quote]

Shocking!..

Yet, damn hilarious!
Keep on Truckin’!
:notworthy:

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Quentin”]What did you want to be when you were 5 years old, Buttercup?

There is your answer for the purpose of your life.[/quote]When I was five I wanted to be an astronaut.[/quote]

Me, too! And I was quite serious about it for a long time.

Self evaluations? They have those outside of Taiwan? :astonished:

Oh, yes. Ohhhh yes. The Britisch inVENTed that shite, nict?

‘How do you think you could become a better teacher?’
‘The day I start giving a fuck, you’ll be the VERY FIRST to know!!!’

This is an inclusive thread. All can vent their spleen or any other superfluous viscera. Come on! There must be something that gets on your tits?

OK. Me first, then. Just to get the ball roalling, you understand. Wouldn’t want y’all to think I was a whinger.

1. The cat shat on the floor.
  2. My divine flatmate keeps playing ‘The Vagina Song’ as she believes it to be cause for amusement rather than cause for manslaughter.
  3. All but two of the lightbulbs blew for reasons unknown two days before I move out so all Buttercups operations and ablutions are performed by candlelight. The cat’s whiskers are no more.

Join the Kleansing Kartharsis! Singe the bee’s knees along with auntie B!

It looks very likely that I’m going to be tasked with removing a tick from my cat’s anus. I’d like to complain about that.

EWWWWW. You win.

One of the lifts isn’t working in my housing community and we have 36 floors. I just arrived home to see a group of people waiting at the bottom and the lift was at floor 35. It took its time because it was collecting people on the way down. When it finally got down to the 1st floor everybody got in. Guess which floor everybody wanted? Yep… the 2nd Floor… :wall:

Help me find a word to describe a guy who goes around in a sweater vest with no shirt underneath.
Naff cunt just doesn’t seem to pack the requisite punch, yeah?

[quote=“Buttercup”]It’s the beauty of Open. I try to make sure every thread of mine could exist happily in temp. I consider it an almost Wildean obligation.

It’s certainly one of my favourite Smiths’ albums. I couldn’t actually go there because that is where poor people live and I might die, not to mention the mini-bus full of Iranian rich kids and Fujianese teenagers. Besides, there is no Starbucks. A good benchmark for a day trip, I think.[/quote]
The Queen Is Dead is my favorite.

I could come over (it’s too warm for my taste in Croatia now) and we could do a tour of smithsonian things. Start at the cemetry gates, do some shoplifting, panic on the streets of Carlisle… I’ve never been to Carlisle. What’s it like?

Been to Slough. It’s about the dreariest most bland place in England. The Office actually makes it seem glamurous by comparison.

housecat won that, btw.

[quote=“tash”]The Queen Is Dead is my favorite.

I could come over (it’s too warm for my taste in Croatia now) and we could do a tour of smithsonian things. Start at the cemetry gates, do some shoplifting, panic on the streets of Carlisle… I’ve never been to Carlisle. What’s it like?

Been to Slough. It’s about the dreariest most bland place in England. The Office actually makes it seem glamurous by comparison.

housecat won that, btw.[/quote]

I could show the Holy Name church where the lead was lifted. It would be so aces if you came. Stuck at work and living with the weirdy catwomen though.

Carlisle, I used to go through there on the train a lot. Not a place where one gets off.

Verily conceded to housecat. There’s always someone worse of than you, isn’t there?

One could get off a bit before Carlisle and make one’s way to Keswick, home of the Cumberland Pencil Museum.

pencilmuseum.co.uk/

The 1950s delivery van near the entrance is to die for, if one likes automobiles.

I enjoyed my trip around Carlisle castle. I’m sure tash would enjoy standing on the battlements. Beats Carrickfergus castle by a factor of 1.3. Other than that, Carlisle has a House of Fraser, which is not a house like Sir John Soane’s house, (Tigerman have you really been to that amazing house? How about the Wallace collection?) but is infact a decrepit department store. Amusing to walk round it and imagine the 1960’s being right there again. Not that I was ever there in the first place you understand.

Other points: I prefer Hatful of Hollow. It has This charming man, and How soon is now? The second of those songs is my most favourite.

The chief: the name of the guy who wears a sweater vest with no shirt: plaster wearing, nipple chaffing, vaseline needing, fish soup drinking mother fucker.

Say it. It sounds good.

pieman1 I like your posts. You join Mick as my (two) most recently discovered favourite posters. A pointless honour to be sure.

My biggest groan at the moment: I simply cannot find a copy of Psmith, Journalist (or its even rarer American bastardization ‘The Prince and Betty,’ which would do at a pinch) and have to settle for reading Leave it to Psmith which is not next in the chronological order of things. Bloody Hounslow library. It says they have a copy in Central reserve, but can one of those dunderheaded buffoons find it? Not a one. Humpfh. Still, Wodehouse is Wodehouse.

It most assuredly does, many thanks, as always, Jeeves.

Here’s what smokin my personal bacon today.
Having recently been returned to the inimitably prosaic confines of Orfice Lyfe, I have, naturally, taken up some former habits, most especially in situ whence resumption of said habits, and daily participation therein, is likely to alleviate the onset of the ever-encroaching tedium that circles the cube every minute like a hungry slathering timber wolf.
To wit:
I’m most enjoying a lovely cup of tea and a biccie or two every arvo 'round 330 or so.
My mate Zed done brung me back a smashing box of Scottish breakfast tea from Eddos last time he was there, and it just sets the afternoon off, tickety fuckin boo.
Here’s the problem.
One of Mrs. the chief’s loser friends just had her biannual Stupidly Conceived and/or Executed Business Goes Tits Up Like the chief Warned It Would, and this time it was a “Healthy Foods” store.
Part of the plunder was several large packets of those hideous “natural” cookies, the ones with 18 kinds of raw oats in them and sweetened with berry juice or some rot. And NOW the Mrs. says I can’t buy any proper biccies for tea time until I eat all these fuckin hockey pucks up.
No Hobnobs, no Petticoat Tails, no nothin 'til these monstrosities have vacated the premises.
I can’t even lie and tell her I gave them to my co-workers, 'cos she knows nobody would want them!
I’m steamed over here, lemme tell ya.

These fuckin things taste like dog cookies…

And how would one know that?

Be inventive: Create a game called ultimate cookie. Get your co-workers to bring in some cookies, then have a taste-off. That way they get your shit house cookies, and you get to try some other varieties.

Still no word on Smith, Journalist.

I got it all out yesterday.

And how would one know that? [/quote]

What, you didn’t smoke dope in high school?

Sorry, I work with professionals, not English teachers, they ain’t stupid…
However, speaking of a biccie-off, this bloke has it nailed, lurvely wee site he has…

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/index.php3

[quote=“the chief”]
Sorry, I work with professionals, not English teachers, they ain’t stupid…[/quote]

I know you have only been back at work a few days, so I’ll let you have some time to reconsider the intelligence of your co-workers.

Canadians get high and eat dog biscuits? We just watched Beavis and Butthead and ate snickers bars. (Back when they were called marathon bars.)

[quote=“TomHill”][quote=“the chief”]
Sorry, I work with professionals, not English teachers, they ain’t stupid…[/quote]

I know you have only been back at work a few days, so I’ll let you have some time to reconsider the intelligence of your co-workers.

Canadians get high and eat dog biscuits? We just watched Beavis and Butthead and ate snickers bars. (Back when they were called marathon bars.)[/quote]

Sure, you know, half because the 7-11 is soooooooooo far away, and half because, like, well…what if you did?

That site is so good it has to go in my signature line – a high order indeed.