Veracity of Pres. Bush & Michael Moore regarding 9/11 events

Poor George, he never gets a break. :smiley:

[quote]11/19/05

Dear Mr. Bush:

I would like to extend my hand and invite you to join us, the mainstream American majority. We, the people ā€“ thatā€™s the majority of the people ā€“ share these majority opinions:

1. Going to war was a mistake ā€“ a big mistake. url=http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=4924#mistake[/url]

2. You and your administration misled us into this war. url=http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=4924#misled[/url]

3. We want the war ended and our troops brought home. url=http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=4924#bringemhome[/url]

4. We donā€™t trust you. url=http://www.michaelmoore.com/words/index.php?id=4924#trust[/url]

Now, I know this is a bitter pill to swallow. Iraq was going to be your great legacy. Now, itā€™s just your legacy. It didnā€™t have to end up this way.

This week, when Republicans and conservative Democrats started jumping ship, you lashed out at them. You thought the most damning thing you could say to them was that they were "endorsing the policy positions of Michael Moore and the extreme liberal wing of the Democratic party." I mean, is that the best you can do to persuade them to stick with you ā€“ compare them to me? You gotta come up with a better villain. For heavenā€™s sakes, you had a hundred-plus million other Americans who think the same way I do ā€“ and you could have picked on any one of them!

But hey, why not cut out the name-calling and the smearing and just do the obvious thing: Come join the majority! Be one of us, your fellow Americans! Is it really that hard? Is there really any other choice? George, take a walk on the wild side!

Your loyal representative from the majority,

Michael Moore
www.michaelmoore.com
mmflint@aol.com[/quote]

Itā€™s not easy to be the US presidentā€¦If he really is in minority, his days are counted. Maybe the next guy can do a better job, you never know.

Do Americans feel safer on their own grounds now that Iraq is practicaly destroyed? I sure wouldnā€™t. What a wasteā€¦

bobepine

That mocking tone of MMā€™s works well on film but is offensive in print, even if it is directed at Bush. The imagery that accompanies his films must somehow flesh out his words or something so they seem less juvenile. Or maybe the writing he does for his films is better than the writing he does for print. I dunno but I do find it amazing that such a childish writer could produce such good films.

Have you ever thought about the fact that perhaps he intentionally writes that way? Maybe that could explains why you find it so amazing. His movies are good because they are simple and easy to understand by everyone. No need to have a strong political background to understand his movies or his letters to George. Thatā€™s exactly his intentions and with 2000 dead Americans, heā€™s got all the rights to mock a president who does appear to be in minority after all.

bobepine

Pssst bobepine, Bush is a second term president. He doesnā€™t get another one. :slight_smile:

Umm, Bush has 1155 days left in office no matter what, unless of course he dies in office.

Or are you somehow making a threat there?? :stuck_out_tongue:

The fact that perhaps?

Anyway you are probably right about the intentionality thing. Still it just bugs me.

he is purposely trying to irk you.

his tone is completely intentional.

he speaks the truth, no matter what the neo-cons want you to believe. you have to give him credit, he has prevailed despite the massive campaign against him by the neo-con spin machine.

in the end, he will come out of this Iraq mess much cleaner than those he opposes. his conscience will allow him to sleep at night, unlike the folks he has successfully exposed.

No question about that and I also believe he is a great film maker. It is just his writing style I find irritating. It gives me the feeling that I am either being talked down to or that I am reading something written by a simpleton, and I donā€™t like either feeling. If other people respond differently to his writing thatā€™s OK with me but personally Iā€™d like to see some better writing out of him just to be assured that he is capable of it.

or unless he resigns, or unless heā€™s impeached, or unless thereā€™s a revolutionā€¦

I could make a bundle selling Michael Moore knee-pads here.

No question about that and I also believe he is a great film maker. It is just his writing style I find irritating. It gives me the feeling that I am either being talked down to or that I am reading something written by a simpleton, and I donā€™t like either feeling. If other people respond differently to his writing thatā€™s OK with me but personally Iā€™d like to see some better writing out of him just to be assured that he is capable of it.[/quote]
News flash ā€“ Iā€™m not a big fan of Mr. George W. Bush. I am a fan of Mr. Michael Moore. Even if he gets some facts wrong. I like what heā€™s trying to do and acknowledge the obstacles that he must surmount to accomplish his goals.

That said, even though I agree with the comments that Mooreā€™s language and tone are intentional (who except raving lunatics write unintentional letters to the president?), I too am bothered by the tone. At the end of the day, G.W. Bush is the President of the United States. Even if he doesnā€™t deserve respect, his office does. The minimum respect, in my mind, is to write a serious formal letter.

I find this to be very very funny.

Thanks. :notworthy:

Thatā€™s an interesting idea. You could decorate them up with Mooreā€™s face right on the outside, and Republicans could then feel the little glow of shallow revenge against Moore every time they get down on their knees to pray for evolution to be taken out of the schools.

Iā€™ve got some Osama toilet paper, which made folks feel good for the first few months after 9-11 but which lost all relevance after the U.S. decided to skip national security and go straight onto empire-building. I can send you a few sheets, and you can use it to wipe away the little tears that come every time you read a poll showing that most Americans think Bush is a lying sack of crap.

[quote=ā€œseeker4ā€] I am a fan of Mr. Michael Moore. Even if he gets some facts wrong. I like what heā€™s trying to do and acknowledge the obstacles that he must surmount to accomplish his goals.

That said, even though I agree with the comments that Mooreā€™s language and tone are intentional (who except raving lunatics write unintentional letters to the president?), I too am bothered by the tone. At the end of the day, G.W. Bush is the President of the United States. Even if he doesnā€™t deserve respect, his office does. The minimum respect, in my mind, is to write a serious formal letter.[/quote]

I think of MM as very much like Rush Limbaugh: not interested in convincing, instead interested in entertaining and reinforcing. A personā€™s opinion of one or the other is likely to be much more a reflection of political views than anything else. As I have no political views ( :wink: :wink: ) ā€“ make that no partisan loyalty ā€“ I am just disturbed at the willingness of both MM and RL to distort for their own ends.

I find this to be very very funny.

Thanks. :notworthy:[/quote]
That was me throwing you guys a bone. Actually, Moore is flawless. :laughing:

(Shields up! )

the difference between moore and limbaugh is michaelā€™s work is still relevant and successful. he continues to do important work that the american public craves. limbaughā€™s credibility is wrapped around his drug indictment.

[quote=ā€œs.b.ā€][quote=ā€œMaPoSquidā€]
Umm, Bush has 1155 days left in office no matter what, unless of course he dies in office.
[/quote]

or unless he resigns, or unless heā€™s impeached, or unless thereā€™s a revolutionā€¦[/quote]

ā€¦Unlessā€¦ Nevermind I was thinking about Rooseveltā€™s third term but thatā€™s a depressing thought.

bobepine

Pssst bobepine, Bush is a second term president. He doesnā€™t get another one. :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thereā€™s a convinced New Yorker. :wink:

[quote]The current European war and its implications of dark times ahead convinced many Americans that Roosevelt should stay on. Others were convinced that Rooseveltā€™s third term would signal Americaā€™s acquiescence to a dictatorship. Still others were disturbed by Rooseveltā€™s apparent dismissal of tradition

Didnā€™t some of the people interviewed by Michael Moore come out to say that they were outraged because Moore edited their comments to make it seem they felt a certain way?

Didnā€™t recent news expose that Michael Moore actually brought Halliburton stock and profited through a private foundation?

Although he claims to champion racial equality, didnā€™t some organizations reveal that Michael Moore has less than 5 Blacks in his company which has over 130 employees?

And when watching Fahrenheit 9/11, I failed to see how the highway police were supposed to protect our national borders. Do we have speeding Al-Qaeda in white Broncoā€™s on the I-95?

Werenā€™t there just as many Democrats with money invested in the Carlyle group as Republicans? Plus didnā€™t Bush and Senior withdraw their money from the Carlyle group before 9/11?

How come an oil pipeline was never made in Afghanistan although Moore asserts that such was the reason why we invaded Afghanistan?

And how come the Kurds never come into play when we view Pre-Gulf War Iraq? Its like a chemical attack never happened.

And the last thing I wanted to see during 9/11 is a President panicking in front of little kids in a school. Plus when it comes to national security and emergency situations, the President cannot do much except let the men and women hired to do the job, finish it.

I donā€™t know about you, but Michael Moore seems pretty sneaky to me. A lot of his points, in Fahrenheit 9/11 and in Bowling for Columbine, although sensational, lack reality. He even ditched the Green party to join the Democrats and hired Canadians to do his website.

You should watch ā€œMichael Moore Hates Americaā€ a much better documentary that exposes Michael Moore and the bigger problems in America.

And yes, I do believe Michael Moore hates your country the same way the pro-Beijing junta hates Hong Kong