Very good tailor for men's alterations near Taipei

Specifically, someone who can shorten suit jacket sleeves at the shoulder (not at the cuff).

Thanks,

Seems that every time a find a good alterations place, they close within a couple months. I had one in Banciao and closed but I know there are others in the immediate area. I know it’s not close but get off at Fuzhong MRT exit 1 or 3. and walk toward KFC. Go past to the next alley and ask the tailor guy at that corner (across from 7-11) If he will do it, probably will, if not, just go down the alley next to his shop. EDIT: Take the first right down the ally. I know I saw one there. END EDIT I know I saw other tailor alterations around there.
BTW, the tailor on the corner does damned awesome shirts, slacks and suits. Cheap too. I think I paid 4k for 4 shirts that were damned fine and of the BEST material. He did shorten my suit coat that I had bought in Tailand. I was really pissed off when I saw crap rags used to line the insides of the suit coat. DONT buy in Tailand.
EDIT 2. Wifey tells me that every laundry/drycleaning store has the locations. Just find one of them in the hood and you can get hooked up.

I have basic stuff done at my drycleaner, but he cant do the work I’m looking for. I need someone who knows basic patternmaking and can figure out how much he can take off the top of the sleeve relative to the size of the armhole. My drycleaner can hem pants, but beyond that…I’m looking for someone a bit more skilled. Thanks for the tip, I’ll check out that area.

No, don’t buy from shitty tailors. Usually with someone sitting outside trying to entice you in. You can buy in Thailand, if you know a decent tailor.

The OP - shortening from the top of the sleeves is not an easy job. I wouldn’t recommend finding a basic seamstress. In fact I would be surprised if they would agree. If the suit is quality, I would take it to a tailor here and try them.

I know the guy. But he’s in Hsinchu.

I had him correcting an entire jacket, which originaly only fitted me on the shoulders. Everything else was ten times too large. He dismantled the thing and made it fit on every angle, including compensating a shoulder problem I have (one is higher than the other).

He worked an entire day on it (i think around 8 hours), and it cost me 1400NT, which I find very reasonable given the quality of the work. He’s been a tailor his entire life and you can see the guy know is s***!

The guy don’t really want to advertise about this, but if anyone is interested, just send me a PM.
I totally vouch for him.

I know the guy. But he’s in Hsinchu.

I had him correcting an entire jacket, which originaly only fitted me on the shoulders. Everything else was ten times too large. He dismantled the thing and made it fit on every angle, including compensating a shoulder problem I have (one is higher than the other).

He worked an entire day on it (I think around 8 hours), and it cost me 1400NT, which I find very reasonable given the quality of the work. He’s been a tailor his entire life and you can see the guy know is s***!

The guy don’t really want to advertise about this, but if anyone is interested, just send me a PM.
I totally vouch for him.[/quote]

There’s another soppy Taiwanese movie in there somewhere.

So does anyone have a good address in Taipei? I need to have someone slightly tighten up some dress shirts.

This guy has tailored mutiple suits for me and made one for me. I have many suits and shirts tailored before but he is one of the best.

Call 02-2704-7845
Guan Fu north rd 400

I hope the shirts seams are in line with your the tops of your shoulders and arms. If it hangs over (too much), the shirt will look strange if say the body has some darts put in at the back to make it slimmer.