Vet List

I know we’re easy to forget, but us poor bastards down in Kaohsiung wouldn’t mind a few numbers for decent vets.

Preferrably English speaking with a genuine love of animals (which many seemingly don’t have)…

1028-13 Mintzu Road, Kaohsiung. It’s just past the Dajong Freeway(north Tzuoing district) if you’re coming from downtown. The number is (07)350-9821

Small clinic but it’s cheap, the vet speaks English and he’s been really good with the animals we’ve taken there.

bobepine

My husband and I have recently moved to Hsinchu, and are looking for a good vet for our cat and two dogs. We know some people here (local and expat), but none of them seems to have pets. Can anyone recommend a good vet in Hsinchu? If you can recommend more than one, do you know of any that are in the Hsiangshan or downtown areas? If not, anywhere in Hsinchu will be fine.

Thank you so much.

Has anyone found a decent vet in Taichung County?

where about in Taichung County?

I’m in Cin Shuei, but willing to travel if it means getting Ditch Kitty decent medical attention.

well, I don’t know any good vets in Taichung County area. But if you are willing to travel to Taichung city then I can take you to the vet that I go to.
I am a cat-foster for 4 years in Taichung and always go to this vet. Dr. Haung is very kind to the stray cats and she is good. She also gives me discount. Just pm me if you’d like to go.

That would be great. I’ll rustle up a small crate for transportation and we can set up something for after next week.

sure, I’ve already posted an note on by blog looking for a foster or a home for Ditch Kitty. We’ll see from there. Just PM me when you have time, I am in Nan Tung Area.

I have been taking my dog to a vet down here in Jiayi for about 6 months or so. He is great. He also helps strays in need. He is a good man and good vet.

Here is his information:

Lee Jian Zhong 李建忠

489 Zhong Shing rd. 中興路489號
Jiayi City
05-281-1893

Where is the thread for Good Vets in Taiwan?
(If it still exists I think that should still be a sticky and could you add this please?)

bump

The NTU Veterinary Hospital on Keelung Road doesn’t seem to be mentioned on this thread.

*   Address: 153, Section 3, Kee-Loong Road, Taipei 106
* Phone: 02-27396828
* Fax: 02-27323817

This is from Web info here.

[quote] CLIENT INFORMATION

1. Hours of Clinics

* Monday to Friday: 08:30-11:00,13:30-15:30
* Saturday:08:30-11:00
* 24 Hours emergency service. 
  1. General Information for Hospitalization

• Hours of Patient Services: Monday to Friday: 08:00-20:30
    • Saturday, Sunday and holidays: 08:00-17:00
    • A deposit is required. When the course of treatment is longer than one week, payment on weekly base is required. Payment in full is required at the time of discharge.
    • Visitation is limited to the hours of clinics: Monday to Friday: 08:30-11:00,13:30-15:30[/quote]
      [color=red]I don’t think they offer 24-h emergency service anymore. You should call them if desiring to visit during anything but clinic hours.[/color]

I use this vet found on An Kang Rd., which is south of the big highway that runs through Hsintian. To get there from Hsintian, go over the bridge at the gas station next to the McDonalds just north of Hsintian MRT Station. Drive along An-Kang Rd. until you see Che Zi Rd. (as in, Car Road) a bit before you reach the incinerator. It’s just about 80m up the hill on the left.

Name is Carewell Medical Center. They have an X-ray and one vet named Michael who is really nice and seems good to me. He speaks slow but good English. The businees is really nice with relaxed, cheerful staff. It even has a cafe attached.

There is a Website, but it is really out of date with photos and info on their older location. They downsized.

Phone is the same: 2-8666-9595

Can someone please post the phone number of a vet in RenWu township, Kaohsiung county? I have an aunty with no experience with cats who’s trying to care for some who adopted her.

Thanks!!

here is an excellent vet that do speak some English if anyone is interested.

miavet.com/

No.57, Sec. 2, Minquan E. Rd., Zhongshan District, Taipei City 104
TEL:02-2592-3556

104 台北市民權東路二段57號
電話:02-2592-3556

[quote=“housecat”]Can someone please post the phone number of a vet in RenWu township, Kaohsiung county? I have an aunty with no experience with cats who’s trying to care for some who adopted her.

Thanks!![/quote]

The closest vet I know is the following:

1028-13, Mintzu 1st Road.

Phone number: (07)350-9821

He has been excellent the few times we have been to his clinic. His English is very limited, though.

From Renwu, you need to follow Dajong Road until you hit Mintzu Road. Hang a right on Mintzu and it’s only a few blocks down on your right-hand side. It’s actually really close to Renwu.

marboulette

any good vet in Yilan?