Video camera recommendations

How are you driving traffic to your site? SEO/organic? Paid media?

Through social media. We can’t really do much paid marketing because we don’t sell things the general public uses. I won’t reveal too much, but it’s in the beauty industry for technicians. For example, our products are for someone like a nail technician so it’s useless to market towards people who want to get their nails painted.

We have an educational content page on IG, and are in other FB groups. We promote the page for people to come get the content. On the page, we talk about the products and educational materials on our site.

I need to do that, but maybe not paid content, but free content to drive sales and help with marketing. But I need assistance in producing professional looking content, and that means additional hardware. Right now I have a cheap HTC phone and the camera isn’t really that good. Iphone has a good camera but I can’t afford to pay to play their game.

I wanted to raise fund so I can spend money toward assistance in this area. Maybe even paying for video editing at least for the first video so I can have a formula I can keep using for future videos.

What length would the videos be? If you’ll be focusing on short segments of 3 to 5 minutes for YouTube, I may be able to help with a few. I’m not a pro video editor by any means. It’s just one thing I’m exploring. So I can’t promise pro quality.

something like this I guess
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJbd50UJbXD

Preferably no more than 5 minutes, and it would just be a small blurb on various luthier items, like how to set up your own guitar, change strings like a pro, level frets, minor repairs, etc.

Goal is to let people see that I know what I’m doing but making it look easy (but is hard) that they will have me do it.

take a look at the instagram link. you’ll need to make your workshop look respectable.

I’m sure with good angle and editing, we can exclude a lot of junk. So it will look respectable without spending money to make the shop look respectable (because this is another cost item).

I mean my shop looks similar to this guy’s:

Just because the shop isn’t clean doesn’t mean it won’t get views. Workshop is expected to get dirty. If your shop looks like pages on Lee Valley’s catalog, chances are you aren’t doing any real work in there.