Video Conferencing with Collaborative Documents.

I currently have a Line Group that I share a Google Drive Doc with. This allows us to collaborate with/on the doc while simultaneously face-timing with the Line group with up to 200 people (haven’t reached that # yet, but I want to) and broadcasting on Facebook Live (non-interactive lurkers).

This requires devices galore: my phone and headset for Line, my laptop for the Doc and internet searches, and my partner’s phone and laptop as she co-hosts these events and our desktop and webcam to go Live on Facebook. Participants can’t just use a mobile for both apps and I would really prefer if they could.

Basically, it’s an interactive webinar.

On no budget.

If Line had doc sharing like Drive does, it’d be (almost) perfect.

But Room Mod should also have Mute Powers. I envision a margin filled with vid windows of participants where the mods can click on/off their mics, and an interactive digital whiteboard, ideally with all the “Office” apps like Sheets, Docs, Forms, Presentations, Media Player, and Library. While I am dreaming out loud, it should even enable the splitting into smaller groups. .

Anything like that on my budget? Conversely, what am I looking at? Would designing my own multi-function platform and adding it to my (wixian) website be more expensive than an add-on app?

And what about China? Anyone familiar with those beasts? I would like to adapt my current ghetto system to WeChat and Baidu.

Thanks for any advice.

Zoom can do some of the things you want, but I am a beginner as far as a user

BTW, what kind of webinars are you doing, sounds labor-intensive with 2 folks, you making good $$$?

I think Zoom has a pretty limited participant capacity. Line claims a max of 200. Zoom, I believe, is 10. Not sure what Google Drive will max out at yet.

I want it to be like a Talk Radio show, with a feature, an interactive contest and a Q&A.

It currently is a contra-rev strategy, but we also use it for our paying clients. It works fine for small groups.

Maybe Zoom could be a viable alternative if it can blend platforms more effectively than I am currently applying them. I’ll look into it more. Thanks for your suggestion.

I met a online school owner and she uses Google Hangouts. The students are in different countries as well as the teacher. They interact. I have briefly used Hangouts and I think there is a learning curve but I think the interaction part is why it is so good.

I’ve used Webex, GotoMeeting for biz and they are great although pricey. I’m currently using Zoom and it is not bad but for large groups it does cost more.

Here’s what you need!! https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/23/15680250/google-jamboard-digital-whiteboard-hands-on-video