Video of aftermath of the attack on Lars Vilks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2IHnWY-i6Y&feature=player_embedded

background:

[quote]http://faustasblog.com/?p=20317

Allhapundit posted on Wednesday that Swedish artist Lars Vilks had been disinvited, following the incident:
Cartoonist Lars Vilks attacked for showing Prophet Mohammed in gay film
Lars Vilks, the Swedish cartoon artist allegedly targeted by ‘Jihad Jane’ for portraying the Prophet Mohammed as a dog, was attacked Tuesday when he showed an Iranian film that depicts the Prophet in a gay bar. Are radical Muslims succeeding in muzzling free speech?
The answer to that question is a resounding yes.
Allahpundit:
If you think this couldn’t happen at an American university, bad news: It already has. In fact, I’ve seen examples of it with my own two eyes. The punchline? As usual, appeasement only encourages further aggression by lowering the threshold for what constitutes actionable offense. Read this Paul Ibrahim piece at Pajamas contrasting western groveling to jihadis with the insults routinely thrown at Mohammed by an Arabic evangelical TV network. Ibrahim draws the lesson that if you act like a dhimmi, you’ll be treated like one. I think it’s more complicated than that — Arab atrocities against Arabs have always been vastly more tolerated in the Middle East than, say, western atrocities against Arabs — but good luck explaining how and why bowing to every threat of violence is making western media safer.
Oh — Vilks’s website was hacked this morning, too. Just another way to shut him up. Exit quotation from the man himself: “What you get [when you appease] is a mob deciding what can be discussed at the university… I’m ready to go up again. This must be carried through. You cannot allow it to be stopped.”[/quote]

They don’t seem civilized. How could anyone get this riled up over a cartoon? I just I just don’t understand the Muslim psyche.

They will have to learn to be ridiculed, because we Westerners will not learn how to live without free speech.

I hate that I once laughed when people said “they want to take away our freedoms”. So sad, but that is exactly right.

I’m not a Muslim so I don’t have to obey Muslim laws. I can eat pork, not punish scantily-clad women, and draw all of the cartoons of Mohammad I want to. They don’t have to get circumsized, baptized, keep a kosher kitchen, or what have you. This is the nature of freedom. They are going to have to learn to live with free speech.

That’s my :2cents:

Pretty pathetic grasp of the protections of the country they live in. :thumbsdown: Seriously, where do you even begin with zealots like that, of any theology/ideology? (limiting my response strictly to what was on display in the video, of course)

His house got hit by an arson attack over the weekend. I hope he has hired bodyguards and I pray that they are good.

Two arrested over fire attack on home of Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks

[quote=“Chuanzao El Ale Destroyer”]They don’t seem civilized. How could anyone get this riled up over a cartoon? I just I just don’t understand the Muslim psyche.

They will have to learn to be ridiculed, because we Westerners will not learn how to live without free speech.

I hate that I once laughed when people said “they want to take away our freedoms”. So sad, but that is exactly right.

I’m not a Muslim so I don’t have to obey Muslim laws. I can eat pork, not punish scantily-clad women, and draw all of the cartoons of Mohammad I want to. They don’t have to get circumsized, baptized, keep a kosher kitchen, or what have you. This is the nature of freedom. They are going to have to learn to live with free speech.

That’s my :2cents:[/quote]
Very well said. I couldn’t agree with you more. :bravo:

:thumbsup:

If he had something interesting to say I think people would listen. He’s just a complete moron, certainly NOT an Artist. He obviously enjoy attacking muslims and their faith.
Why on earth would you make a movie that starts with a picture of Mohamed (the Prophet) and your next scene is a bed and some guys saying “I want to take you to a gay bar” What kind of twisted art is that?
It’s only purpose is to stir anger and create more anger (which he obviously succeeded at doing).
I am all for freedom of speech, but I am not for individual enticing hatred and violence, which is all this guy seems to be doing.
A little bit of respect for people’s religious belief and people in general would go a long way.

It’s the fundamentalist psyche.

Fundamentalists, no matter what religion they subscribe to, take their religion too seriously.

They have to learn to respect free speech and non-believers as well before they get respect. Are they so vain as to believe that they are the caretakers of the image of Allah, and Mohammed? We are NOT going to let them eat the Jews either.

“Allah’s curse to the unbelievers”–means he will straighten us out in the after life. Not the fist-shaking loud mouths.

Screwed up Saudi/ Arab xenophobic conservative culture and beliefs are what is giving Islam a bad name. (And the freakin’ suicide bombings)
and letting the whack jobs like the Taliban get power instead just picking one side, supporting one alliance or the other in Afghanistan, then just sit back and watch them kill each other as their warrior backward culture dictates.

Arab politics is best handled with a very long stick. Too bad we used that stick to stir the shit up.