Vietnam visa on arrival

Can anyone recommend a decent website to arrange a visa on arrival in Vietnam. I’ve scoped out several sites, are they all pretty much the same? The use of English on some of the sites has me guessing.

EDIT: I guess this should have been started in International Travel. After posting I realized the board index at the bottom brings you straight to Travel in Taiwan when you click Travel.

I’m trying to plan a Vietnam trip next year too. So far this seems to best one with English Live chat help. Have a go at contacting them.
vietnam-evisa.org/

But I still think going through a travel agent for flights + hotel package gets you a better deal.

[quote=“hs172”]I’m trying to plan a Vietnam trip next year too. So far this seems to best one with English Live chat help. Have a go at contacting them.
vietnam-evisa.org/

But I still think going through a travel agent for flights + hotel package gets you a better deal.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply.

I got what I thought was a pretty good deal from China Airlines online(operated by Vietnam Airlines). 10 500 NT for the Kaohsiung-Ho Chi Minh-Kaohsiung flight. I never plan far enough ahead to consider hotels.

[quote=“hs172”]I’m trying to plan a Vietnam trip next year too. So far this seems to best one with English Live chat help. Have a go at contacting them.
vietnam-evisa.org/

But I still think going through a travel agent for flights + hotel package gets you a better deal.[/quote]

I’ve returned from Vietnam. I got my visa arranged through this company, http://www.vietnamvisaonline.com.vn/ , and it went relatively smoothly. If I ever go again, I will start planning earlier and get a travel agent to arrange to get the stamp in the passport before I leave. The problem with the system is that once you get off your flight you have to wait quite a long time to get your stamp and proceed through immigration. By the time I got through, about 45 minutes after entering the airport, and went to retrieve my luggage, there was nothing left on the belt. I did locate my bag, after about five nervous minutes, on a trolley about twenty feet from the belt. No idea who put it there.

Is it cheaper, easier to get a Vietnam visa in Taipei? How does one go about doing that? Details are scarce online

My experience last couple years: Advance purchase, NT$1850, 3 business days, or can pay for quick-turnaround, Single entry, 60 day stay.

Office location (plug this into google maps): Vietnam Economic and Cultural Office in Taipei, No. 65號, Songjiang Road, Zhongshan District, Taipei City, 104

I prefer to have mine in advance to avoid any potential delays when landing in Vietnam.

Thanks, is it just the usual passport, photos and flight tickets needed?

Will be visiting Vietnam during the winter break… Anyone have any updates on the best way to get a Vietnam visa? I’ve already booked tix online so going thru a travel agent probably isn’t an option… Anyone had success with the online visa sites, or with the defacto embassy in Taipei?

What’s your nationality? Many countries don’t require a Visa to enter Vietnam, i’ve been there last November and I didn’t need any Visa.

I’m Australian. I don’t believe we are on the visa exempt list.

I’ve used a couple of different online services with no problem. The last time I used https://www.vietnam-evisa.org. You’ll get the approval letter emailed to you, which you will need to print out and take to the visa counter at the airport when you arrive.

One note if you’re traveling directly to Phu Quoc island, then no visa is required. But…online sources–even those from the Vietnamese government–state that even if arriving at an international airport in Vietnam (like HCM), then directly transferring to Phu Quoc, a visa is not required. As of last June this is not correct, because the the international and domestic airports are not connected (at least as of last June). You still need a visa because you will walk 5 minutes outside of the international airport to the domestic one.

I learned the hard way and had to get an emergency visa at Taoyuan airport, through the company listed above. Fortunately I was able to get it taken care of within 30 minutes. It was at a high cost (like US$125), but at least my vacation wasn’t ruined.

Have fun in Vietnam…I love it there!

I wanted to provide an update on the current visa application process for Vietnam for those living in Taipei.

The Vietnam Economic and Culture Office is located a short walk from Songjiang-Nanjing MRT station (green line). The office’s address is:

104, Taipei City, Zhongshan District, Songjiang Rd, 65號

The office is open for visa applications from 9:30-12 and 2-4:30. The visa office is located on the 3F of the building.

It cost me (Australian citizen) $1350 NTD for a 30-day visa. I’m not sure if it is different for other nationalities. The visa process requires you to submit your application online and then printing out a hard copy. There is one computer in the office with a printer connected that you can use to do this, however, it is quite slow and time-consuming. I’d recommend going to the website and printing it out before arriving at the office. The form can be accessed here:

https://visa.mofa.gov.vn/Homepage.aspx

You need to bring 2x passport photos, as well as a copy of your passport. There is a copier at the office that is free to use.

Passport and visa can be collected after two business days. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

1 Like