Vietnamese Food in Tianmu?

I thought I saw a Vietnamese restaurant near Big Tom Ice Cream on Zhongshan North Road but I just google mapped it and don’t see it.

Looking for a place that has spring rolls and summer rolls, and banh mi. Pho is not important. So essentially, are there any banh mi shops in Tianmu?? I was hoping Shi Dong day market would have a stand or something but I walked forever and didn’t see any Vietnamese shops.

If none in Tianmu, how about a great place that has what I’m looking for above?

Thanks for any leads!

There’s a rather good one just outside ZhiShan station. Anyway, the station with the Sogo department store; I think it’s ZhiShan. Walk back along the main road beside the station as if you were going to Sogo, and you’ll see it. They do nice spring rolls and (my personal favourite) Vietnam-style coffee. Cheap, too. Not sure about the bread, but I have a feeling it’s on the menu somewhere. Mostly noodles and soup, though.

EDIT: it’s actually on Google maps. 台北市士林區福華路132號.

There is also one near Big Tom’s called Pho. Not sure of the exact address but it’s on the same side of the road close by.

[quote=“finley”]There’s a rather good one just outside ZhiShan station. Anyway, the station with the Sogo department store; I think it’s ZhiShan. Walk back along the main road beside the station as if you were going to Sogo, and you’ll see it. They do nice spring rolls and (my personal favourite) Vietnam-style coffee. Cheap, too. Not sure about the bread, but I have a feeling it’s on the menu somewhere. Mostly noodles and soup, though.

EDIT: it’s actually on Google maps. 台北市士林區福華路132號.[/quote]
I like this place in general, but their banh mi unfortunately is not that good: I ordered it once, and there were these odd cubes of processed meat product.

Not in Tianmu: I like Yue Yuan Pho; see Hungry Girl link below for details. Great banh mi there.
hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/2009 … d-yue.html

Madame Jill’s isn’t bad either. Also not in Tianmu.

Not sure what an authentic banh mi is like, but this was really good. Only banh mi on the menu, a full staff of Vietnamese ladies working. I will be back.

https://goo.gl/maps/NrcKFViJDxCBB9999

4 Likes

I had several in Hanoi a few years ago and they were the best sandwiches I’ve ever had in my life by a country mile.

These look good, though. I will try them out

1 Like

Lol…I was about to be amazed that someone in Tianmu doesn’t know where the one really popular Banh Mi shop is there, then I realized the question is a decade old. The zombie threads in this forum are something else.

1 Like

I love that place! and there is,always a line when I go there… I always consider that a good sign.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s the one. It surely didn’t exist in 2011 or this thread wouldn’t have been created.

2 Likes

What are you on about?

There’s a recommended banh mi place in Tianmu. I don’t see any issue.

No issue here, either. Just saying everyone in Tianmu knows that place, which almost certainly didn’t exist when the post was made a decade ago. It would be a weird question to ask now. The only issue is the zombie thread thing.

1 Like

The banh mi joint mentioned by Tempo Gain (越富越南法國麵包) consistently has a line up whenever I zing by it on Dexing Road on my youbike.

I can’t wait to give it a try!

Guy

3 Likes

Everyone knows about it lol. The only issue is that you’re in the wrong thread–this is the thread for people who want to find out about Vietnamese food in Tienmu.

Just saying it was super weird to see that anyone would ask where the banh mi place is in Tianmu. Then, once I realized that they were asking from before the place existed, it totally made sense. Nothing more or less.

1 Like

It’s not weird, it wouldn’t have been weird, and it will not be weird in the future because not everyone knows about everything.

3 Likes

It does illustrate a problem with reviving a restaurant-related thread nine years later, given the rate at which restaurants change here.

1 Like

Agree to disagree, Captain Oh Captain. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Happily a basic question such as “Is there awesome Vietnamese food in Tienmu?” will always be of interest. :grin:

Guy

2 Likes

At least the OP spelled it correctly!

1 Like