Village Idiot title

I don’t like the VI title much either. I think we all know when someone is posting something stupid, but they, perhaps, don’t always post stupid things. For me, one look at the VI title takes away something from what could be a good post.

Why not remove the title from Bob and see how he goes without it, everyone deserves a chance.

[quote=“Bassman”]I don’t like the VI title much either. I think we all know when someone is posting something stupid, but they, perhaps, don’t always post stupid things. For me, one look at the VI title takes away something from what could be a good post.

Why not remove the title from Bob and see how he goes without it, everyone deserves a chance.[/quote]

And RANTHEMAN’S.

I thought bob readopted it voluntarily?

I don’t think he readopted it voluntarily. I’ma be Brit-ish and say “he just don’t give a rat’s arse.” Or was it horse’s arse you people say?

Since the title of VI has been around, I don’t recall it being bestowed on anyone I didn’t think deserved it.

Oh and Leo, when you’re willing to pay the hosting bill and act as janitor around here, maybe you too will have administrator privileges. Or you could go start another forum with a set of rules of your own.

My mistake. I thought I remembered an earlier rantfest on this same topic where bob retook the title after being stripped of it for a while.

And Leo - diddums. Yes, it’s exactly their “segnority” that gets the admin that privelege. It’s their site at the end of the day, and if you don’t like it, stiff shit. No-one’s asking you to censor yourself, just to be ready to take the consequences, whatever they may be. If you don’t like the consequences, argue them, but don’t just say “WAAA THE BIG BOYS ARE PICKING ON ME”.

If we could we elect a Village Idiot I would nominate hsiaodoga. See how he likes it.

[quote=“bob”]If we could we elect a Village Idiot I would nominate hsiaodoga. See how he likes it.[/quote]… and if I were elected I’d promise to carry out all the duties of the office for my tenure to the best of my abilities, and wear the badge with pride.

Instead of whining about it…

O.K. I give up. This thing is too wierd. Nobody knows if it is negative label or not and nobody knows what anybody else means when they use it. If you really want maybe they will give it to you. Just don’t be suprised if you change your mind.

Whatever it is, you lost it.

[quote=“Tetsuo”]My mistake. I thought I remembered an earlier rantfest on this same topic where bob retook the title after being stripped of it for a while.

And Leo - diddums. Yes, it’s exactly their “segnority” that gets the admin that privelege. It’s their site at the end of the day, and if you don’t like it, stiff shit. No-one’s asking you to censor yourself, just to be ready to take the consequences, whatever they may be. If you don’t like the consequences, argue them, but don’t just say “WAAA THE BIG BOYS ARE PICKING ON ME”.[/quote]
I thought he was picking on bob not me. Why [color=black]we[/color]? I haven’t said anything about big boys either, I’m talking to and about maoman. Please don’t add to my soup. You won’t have to eat it. No big boys here, just one poster mentionned. I never said anyone asked me to censor myself either. It seems like your reply is adressed to a post I did not write. Because again, I did not say privileges were not deserved or earned and I did not say I had a problem with anyone who holds any privileges around here if you want to call it that way. I said I have issues with maoman abusing his privileges. Maoman only, no one else. I agree with Bassman, without the violin and the VI part, maoman’s post would have been fine.
Oh and hsiadoga. I don’t know of any janitors who do it out of the goodness of their hearts. I though they were volunteer. Correct me if I’m wrong but how does doing some work around here justifies abuse of authority and privileges? Actually, I don’t like calling it abuse, maoman’s post was not that bad. I’d say how does it justify giving a wrong example by breaking the rules? Again, if he wants me to abide to the rules, he should do the same. Whatever he does, however much he contributes to this site should not change that.

This obvious statement bears remembering.

I got caught out trying to make sense of one of Bob’s meanderings when I first came on board.

I eventually worked out the village idiot title and thought it was a good thing, so I could weed the useful or funny from the “One flew over the cuckoo’s nest” type posts.

(sorry Bob, but you are nuts some of the time.)

I do agree with Maoman that if self censure is not enough then some more drastic action is required.

Maybe a little graph that could show how much booze and uppers or downers are contributing to post quality. I don’t drink any more but in my bottle of whisky a day stage I reckon some posts would have been even messier than the stuff I put up sober.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]I thinking bob got it for his “My brain left film school, right?” posts. It’s not even the mods who bestow it, I wasn’t asked, it’s “The Administration”. Some people are deserving of it, but bob isn’t as bad as those, but he is a bit odd, maybe we can give him another title. And I think the fact that bob knows he isn’t an idiot means he isn’t one. An true idiot wouldn’t know or care.
So any suggestions what title bob should have ?[/quote]
I like Bobs’ posts. Just the right mixture of wonder and curiousity.

I vote for “Special Bob” as an honorarium.

What’s with this obsession of trying to make sense of everything?

:wink:

:wink:[/quote]

Can you reply to or take something on board after not making sense of it? Interesting concept.

So, you try not to think and still type a reply if one is necessary. This being somehow achieved between eyes, hands and without input from my second favorite organ.

:wink:[/quote]

Can you reply to or take something on board after not making sense of it? Interesting concept.

[/quote]

Why not?

[/quote]Why not?[/quote]

sadlkfj’ladufqwmerl’3218209438ktrma.msdf.ncnzx,mnCsd;fjklg;ams;gfmaklsjvma,.cvmlqsjgfmqskl;jdfkmcxv;ajkxcv;ma.XC<mvlmaxcvma.,xmvkazx

Thats what I think!

sadlkfj’ladufqwmerl’3218209438ktrma.msdf.ncnzx,mnCsd;fjklg;ams;gfmaklsjvma,.cvmlqsjgfmqskl;jdfkmcxv;ajkxcv;ma.XC<mvlmaxcvma.,xmvkazx

Thats what I think![/quote]

Was that not liberating!?

:bravo:

bob wishes to announce that he is pleased with his new title. He told me last night in a dream. Down boy. Down!