Violence towards a kid

I was at a Walgreen (like Watsons in Taiwan) store at the checkout counter in Concord, Calif today when I witnessed a big fat woman shout at her son to release a toy he had picked up and refused to surrender (his mom wouldnt buy him the toy so he was intending to simply leave the store with it). That in itself is not unusual, but then this mom picked up her son and threw him with all her force (and shes a big woman) against a counter and the floor. The kid is about 8 years old or maybe 9. Lucky hes pretty stocky and suffered no apparent harm. But that wrestling throw upset me and I was prepared to step in had she continued in that manner. However the kid gave up and quietly went out with his mom (without his toy of course).

We were in whole line of people, including many adults and nobody said a word. I said to the line something to the effect that the kid should not be thrown like that EVER. And to my shock the other adults were all of the opinion he got off easy and should have been beaten. MY God isnt this America??? I thought this town was slightly redneck but??

I contemplated calling the police but the woman had already left in her car as I didnt see her outside.

Surely this mother didnt deserve her son and the poor kid is going to get hurt one day in the not distant future.

[quote=“tommy525”]I was at a Walgreen (like Watsons in Taiwan) store at the checkout counter in Concord, Calif today when I witnessed a big fat woman shout at her son to release a toy he had picked up and refused to surrender (his mom wouldnt buy him the toy so he was intending to simply leave the store with it). That in itself is not unusual, but then this mom picked up her son and threw him with all her force (and shes a big woman) against a counter and the floor. The kid is about 8 years old or maybe 9. Lucky hes pretty stocky and suffered no apparent harm. But that wrestling throw upset me and I was prepared to step in had she continued in that manner. However the kid gave up and quietly went out with his mom (without his toy of course).

We were in whole line of people, including many adults and nobody said a word. I said to the line something to the effect that the kid should not be thrown like that EVER. And to my shock the other adults were all of the opinion he got off easy and should have been beaten. MY God isnt this America??? I thought this town was slightly redneck but??

I contemplated calling the police but the woman had already left in her car as I didnt see her outside.

Surely this mother didnt deserve her son and the poor kid is going to get hurt one day in the not distant future.[/quote]

First, it’s Walgreens (:lol:) Second, you could have charges pressed against her for child endangerment. That’s gonna be on fucked kid…
If you really want to do something about it, go back and ask the manager if there is any video recording. Do it within 24, as I believe most places erase tapes afterward.

That would be the right thing to do, but when everyone else there was rootin for the mommie??? Some of those rednecks got guns. Since the kid wasnt hurt, on THAT particular throw? Im not gonna push further at this time. I think they were standing right under a video cam too !!

Maybe thats how rednecks grow up? Sad but true.

Jeff Dunham gave advice at the Ventriloquist ConVENTion a few years ago that if you want comedy material, just go to Wal Mart and observe.