Violent protestors storm US capitol building

I’m not reading everything you read. Are you talking about people who post here? I haven’t seen anyone defend him. Figuring out what the guy says and having a horseshit armchair opinion to why he might have said it certainly doesn’t qualify as a defense…does it?

It’s self-evident from your posts. You are trying to equate attempts to address serious attacks on our democratic institutions with petty tit-for-tat revenge politics.

1 Like

That’s exactly what it’s about. Disagreement with extremist views based on conspiracy fictions and without any interest in our country making progress after these events. Many Americans would like to see an independent commission to try and move forward from the attack on the Capitol. That cannot happen if it is run solely by Democrats.

1 Like

Which democratic institutions were attacked? How was the Constitution threatened? Why aren’t more people in an uproar? One might suggest if what you wrote were accurate foreign nations would be more upset and they would have begun to withdraw from treaties and whatnot. Is that happening or are you just caught up in the highly politicized bruhahaha that exists only, my guess, to ensure Trump doesn’t run and probably win re-election in 2024?

I’m all for transparency, including what happened on Jan 6th. The problem is and this isn’t a Democrat or Republican thing, Washington is very bad on transparency. They are very adverse to having a light shined on them. The FBI and Capitol police could help things along, they are sitting on 40k hours of video footage from that day that they are closely guarding. Apparently so tightly that anyone who is being prosecuted can only view the footage under supervision and not allowed to make copies.

Dr Fauchi just had a bunch of emails disclosed under FIOA, (are the media you watch covering any of that?) but a ton of it is redacted, as they do, most likely for no legitimate reason. Which we learned from the investigation into FISA abuse that they do this not for national security reasons, but because they are embarrassed and want to hide their malfeasance.

I wish we could move past the partisan talking points and discuss what we all want, transparency and where the problems lie. The media for their part and I know Democrats like to throw around the term “conspiracy theory”, yet time after time it is they who are pushing conspiracy theories, the latest of which and they are trying to clean up their past articles was the idea the Coronavirus may have leaked from a lab.

1 Like

As far as the independent commission on the attack of the Capitol, it appears to be a “Republican thing”.

1 Like

I get that and the mindset to look at everything in terms of Republicans and Democrats. One of the harsh realities of looking at reality is these committees rarely get to the bottom of anything.

I assure you, the FBI and Capitol police already know everything that happened on that day, anyone who got arrested or who was in the building will have their entire media presence analyzed. They know exactly who was saying what, on what media platform and who they are and which groups they are affiliated with.

Much of it will play out in the courts as they are going to be prosecuting them and how useful one of these committees is or if it will be used for partisan purposes is a fair question. The FBI/DOJ won’t turn over evidence to them that relates to an ongoing prosecutions.

So the uestion is what are they going to do? Create a circus for the media to feed from, which the Democrats are going to do anyway, probably multiple ways and the Republicans can’t cry because they do the same thing with things like Benghazi which they had something like 7 committees on.

1 Like

Those who dealt it, clearly not interested in smelling it.

And which other independent commissions are you referring to? You may be confusing House or Senate committee hearings with commissions.

I was. Excuse me. We are talking about something more along the lines of Mueller or Ken Star?

Would you say with aa straight face Muellers team was bi partisan? Or that was a fair impartial look into 2016 Russian possible collusion with Trump to interfere in an election?

Definitely agree with your depiction of the first part, disagree it isn’t a defense.

Trying to explain what someone who isn’t you might have meant, or might be, whatever. Same thing, defenses.

Even if a friend of mine says something ‘stupid’, or their explanation is that it’s a ‘joke’, that’s up for them to explain, and for people who take issue with it to absorb. I don’t play a part in that process.

Can’t imagine stepping in to speak for a friend like that, now zoom out to defending political figures? :rofl:

Those were investigators appointed to investigate specific possible criminal activities based on the scope (broad or limited) set out for them.

A commission has a different structure and purpose altogether. Any action based on a commission report is then up to the government which is a problem itself. The 9/11 commission is one example. Various commissions on US racial problems over the years is another.

1 Like

Yeah I think Republicans can be skeptical though that the purpose of this is to get the gang back together and another “get Trump” exercise with full intelligence powers to go after anyone even loosely connected to Trump including Republican donors.

The only ones in the Republican party that thought this was remotely a good idea, were the never Trumpers. Which is why Republican supporters now have a poster of those Republicans who voted for the commission. They refer to this anytime a Republican appears on a news outlet and through the lenses of their primary concern being TDS and wanting to see Trump crushed as their primary goal in life.

Republican supporters are aiming to remove them all, it might seem odd to you from a Democrat supporters position, but Republican supporters are very angry with the Republican politicians already.

www.rawstory.com/mike-pence-trump-insurrection/

“Jan. 6 was a dark day in the history of history of the United States’ capital,” Pence said on Thursday. “But thanks to the swift action of the U.S. Capitol Police and federal law enforcement, violence was quelled, the Capitol was secured, and that same day, we reconvened the Congress and did our duty under the Constitution and laws of the United States.”

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-police-reveal-horrors-insurrection/

US Capitol Police Sgt. Aquilino Gonell remembered being beaten with a flagpole that day. It sliced open his hand and combined with the fog of bear spray soaked through his skin.

“They called us traitors. They beat us. They dragged us,” Gonell told CNN.com. “And I could hear them, ‘We’re going to shoot you. We’re going to kill you. You’re choosing your paycheck over the country. You’re a disgrace. You’re a traitor.’”

Trumpies’ slogan: Blue Lives Don’t Matter.

Or just those assholes. Why paint all Trump supporters? I didn’t see 80,000,000 people storm the capital building.

Interesting article on Revolver, it’s quite long so I’ll try a quick summary. Basically we all get the narratives pushed by either side, it’s either the worst attack since the civil war or mostly tourists who were waved in.

This article is looking at the fact there were indeed some violent protestors aside from the ones wandering around aimlessly. Revolver has been looking at the various charges and noticed among them there are about 20 unindicted individuals who were involved in the acts of violence, planning and in some cases supplying communications equipment, sometimes comparatively much worse acts than those charged, yet they remain uncharged. Then wondered why.

So the question they have at the end of the article which they would like to put to Christopher Wray is this.

Director Wray: How many of the unindicted co-conspirators in January 6 cases are now, or have been, undercover agents or confidential informants?

That’s a good question. Years ago after 9/11 in Albany NY a Muslim guy was set up by an FBI sting. Led on by the undercover guys and whabam he JUST got out. How much of the great insurrection was an inside job by ahem well meaning government agents?

1 Like

Mmmm:

2 Likes

Viva la transparency!

Ed Snowden said the worst conspiracies are in plain sight.

1 Like