Virginia’s governor’s race

I’m guessing he means the pedophile protectors at the Lincoln Project.

Or Spanky Toobin.

I’m voting for McAuliffe tomorrow. Don’t know anything about the candidate, other than the other dude hitched himself to Trump. He doesn’t look like a domestic terrorist, but still.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Spanking is fine, just not on a Teams call.

Long TDS? :grin:

More like a pavlovian response at this point.

Anyway, Virginia went to Biden in the 2020 election by about 10%, I’m sure McAuiliffe will appreciate @OysterOmelet support but doubt he will need it.

Not so sure. Smells like desperation tactics

Also, f this guy and I sure hope he loses. That goes for anyone who thinks like this. I’m switching my registration to Republican later. At least I should have a chance at voting for someone in the primaries.

1 Like

:open_mouth: :grin:

1 Like

He’s an old white guy saying we need to get rid of white teachers.

2 Likes

He’s an old white guy who’s been promised power and not received it. By any means necessary.

Your move, old white guy.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2021/11/01/youngkin_im_not_going_to_be_lectured_on_race_by_a_guy_who_embraces_someone_who_wore_blackface.html

1 Like

Smells like the NY Post never stops acting like a tabloid.

“We’ve got to diversify our teacher base here in Virginia,” he told supporters. “Fifty percent of students at Virginia schools — K-12 — 50 percent are students of color, and yet 80 percent of the teachers are white.

boohoo.

Carry me back to old Virginny without the stench of the Clintons and their hangers-on…

CARRY ME BACK TO OLD VIRGINNY - 1873 - Performed By Tom Roush - YouTube

Beyond Emanuel, the Clinton crowd is largely gone from American policymaking. Bill and Hillary Clinton are now afterthoughts in the Democratic Party of 2021. Hillary Clinton is the one candidate in the entire world to lose to Donald Trump in a general election, and Bill Clinton’s sordid escapades look irredeemable in the cold harsh light of the #MeToo movement. You still see Al Gore, Madeleine Albright, James Carville, and other figures from that era quoted here and there, but they’re largely in the metaphorical retirement home of American politics. Monica Lewinsky turned 48 this past July and George Stephanopoulos is still an anchor at ABC News, but by and large, the Clinton era of American politics is over, as dated as Windows 95, the Macarena, the sound of dial-up Internet, and “Mambo No.5.”

McAuliffe’s defeat tonight would not just mean closing the book on the era of the Clintons; it would put the book on the shelf to collect dust.
Terry McAuliffe: The Last Gasp Of The Clinton Legacy | National Review

1 Like

Red ahead.

I saw that, but the person who is in charge of the election has said we won’t know the result until Friday. :wink:

1 Like

Youngkin’s only up 110k with 11% outstanding…still plenty of room for McAuliffe. This race goes to show, yet again, what a mistake early voting is. Elections should measure who the population wants to win on a specific date.

Why?

Otherwise you’re not voting on the same available facts and circumstances. There is no limiting principle to early voting.

But we’re choosing people for a long term based on a range of facts about them. I get your point, but I don’t see why everyone has to have the same understanding on the same day when they vote. The day after we vote we could find out something we didn’t know, or that what we thought we knew was wrong.

1 Like

That’s true of any type of election. Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good (or in this case, the better).

Youngkin’s lead is down to 90k.