Virtual Wives

What are the implications of such technology?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkcKaNqfykg
I reckon once they know how to cook and clean there won’t be much of a reason to get married tbh. Looking forward to my Joi ala Blade Runner 2047.

They have sex robots with AI now. You can pick personalities and everything.

You’re not the first person to enjoy the company of a bottle more than people. It’s mentally taxing for me to be around people.

1 Like

So have you been able to build your relationships with any other people within your family since realizing this?

If this is what you want out of a wife you’re gonna have a bad time finding one, for obvious reasons. But also…not very many young Taiwanese even know how to take care of themselves, never mind someone else. Too many of them have just been too well cared for, for too long.

Maybe you will meet a nice obasan. My neighbor cooks up a storm every day. I always smell her cooking when I step out to hang my underpants for everyone to see. I really wanna go over there and eat. Smells so good, and it’s different every day.

1 Like

Don’t listen to @Hanna. Don’t settle for a woman who can’t at least cook. Looks come and go, cooking skills get better with experience.

Or live with your mom. My mom cooks excellent Korean food and Chinese food :drooling_face:

As they say. Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Give a man a woman that can cook, he will be happy.

4 Likes

Uh, I didn’t say this. I said he’s going to have a bad time finding someone because hardly anyone here that’s his age can cook anymore.

+1. Marriage isn’t everything. Devoting yourself to your family, even if it’s just your mom, is a worthy life path.

Still a better time being with a woman who uses the fire alarm as the timer.

1 Like

Okay, but I didn’t even tell him to marry somebody who can’t cook. I told him there’s not many young Taiwanese women who can (or are willing to; some can but are too lazy) cook anymore, because this generation has been so coddled by doting parents and grandparents.

The daughters of the most talented cook in my family can only be bothered to cook the basics, if that. It almost feels like a dying art here.

1 Like

another @Hanna and @Andrew0409 tennis match…
:popcorn:

1 Like

It’s kind of a nondiscussion, honestly. Everyone, men included, should know how to cook, and care to try to do it well. Or at least well enough to please themselves. And yet lots of people don’t.

Boggles the mind. I mean, we have to eat every day. Multiple times.

6 Likes

Lol someone being combative about a joke.

I’m pretty sure girls not in the cities in Taiwan can still cook though. But idk, I’ve only dated a few Taiwanese girls for a short time each. I have to know a girl can cook to let her make something, I’m too picky. I hate people making me bad food. Most people I meet aren’t that picky about how food taste.

I know some Hakka chicks that can cook, they are all married though, oh well. I haven’t cooked in years and I’ve got a great marriage (whats that honey , dinners on the table…be right out :grin:).

2 Likes

The only time I cook now is to make something Lilith doesn’t know. Made some really great taco meat the other day and made some burritos.

1 Like

Damn. Supposed to get cooler here tomorrow. I might have to whip up some burritos.

2 Likes

I have to get creative with ingredients. Hard to find none Italian food in Italy, Italians really don’t branch out to other types of food. They don’t have burrito wraps but they have a piadina wrap which is almost the same. I might actually try using pasta instead of rice. Maybe angel hair pasta instead of rice to add a twist.

No luck on anything asian, they have one restaurant called ravioli wangs that makes dumplings haha. Instead of dumplings they call them ravioli and their noodle soups are called spaghetti broth…

That’s pathetic.

1 Like

Italy’s food culture is so strong that yeah, it’s probably not easy to find anything really Chinese there (much less tortillas).

If you think of it in time, do us a favor and post a pic of what you end up cooking. I think we forumosans would get a kick out of it.

1 Like

Go back to Australia and see a shrink.

1 Like

I teach about 350 university students and probably fewer then half a dozen can cook anything more complicated than fried rice. It’s astonishing.