Visa advice, thanks!

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Here’s my situation:
My first 60-days on my renewable 60-day tourist visa ends Sept 9th.

I finally found a school near my place that is willing to get me an ARC on minimum hours(my ideal situation). I also have been interviewing for a professional, non-teaching job and I’m getting good vibes that they want to hire(my most ideal situation).

What should I do? Should I go to CLI and get myself a one month student visa extension first so that I can stay legal? I believe it’s 3000NT.

If I go on the student visa extension and then land either job do I have to go on visa run to HK? Am I allowed to go straight to the ARC/work visa from a student visa? Is it better to hold out and stay on the tourist visa? I want to avoid paying the flight to HK if at all possible. Actually do you have to leave the country and come back in the first time you find work here no matter what??

For the school, they don’t start classes until Sept 1 and for the professional job I don’t know when or how many more interviews I have to do before they decide to hire.