Visa Change into JFRV

I am here in Taiwan on a student-resident Visa studying chinese. After 2 extensions in had to change my visitor-Visa to a resident one, which I did in february. Sofar so good. I have married last month, and surprisingly I can’t change any resident-visa to another one while in Taiwan. IS THAT REALLY TRUE ?? WHAT A SILLY RULE IS THAT ??

I was told to go elsewhere, aplly for a new visitor-Visa and change that one into a JFRV-Visa (wife is taiwanese). Well, I have to accept what the office said, but as it sounds not reasonable to me, I wanna make it sure, so that’s why I ask here again if that is really true.

Heard bad stories about the Hongkong-office. Will it be easy to get a 60 visitor Visa when showing our wedding certificate ??
A new visitor Visa would cost money for a spouse ?? My country issues Visa for free based on our wedding, does Taiwan do the same ??

If it is really true, is it important to take CARE about what kind of 60 Day Visitor Visa it would be ?? I mean extendable or non-extendable Visas. If I have to go to Hongkong I wanna make sure to prepare well, don’t wanna go there again because of some misinformations … Back in Taipei I would anyway change it ASAP …

Help appreciated, thank you …
If I knew this crap (based it is true) before, I would organize everything within my first 180 days …

It seems to be true of student and blue-collar worker resident visas that you must leave to change to a JFRV visa. White-collar workers haven’t seemed to have this problem.