Visa extension - HK, Okinawa, where else or what else?

Ok, here’s the deal.

Been here for 2 years (with ARC) but all of a sudden our varsity is not recognised anymore, so no legal ARC’s anymore at our new schools!!! Now looking at doing HK run (which from recent posts on this site seems a bit of a nightmare) or visa extensions at the police office (not sure if that is possible or practical in the long run anyway). Currently only a 2 month visitor’s visa. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.