Visa for China

I have a UK passport, and I want to go to China on holiday for 5 days. My travel agent says that a visa will take about 10 days and costs NT$4,500. That seems like an amazing amount of money. Is that too much, or is $4,500 normal?
Thanks
David

David

There is a place listed in The China Post on Sung Chiang Rd. that advertises China visa for non-US for NT$2500 .

My question as an American now living in Taiwan is this place reputable for getting 1 year multiple entry visa ? They claim they can do for NT$6000 and a passpost photo. While in the US it was impossible to get this type of visa without a great deal of paper work including stamped document from provincial government in China.

If not this place anybody know how to get one year visa for multiple entry into China. Stopping in HK for a night everytime gets old.

[quote=“davidla80”]I have a UK passport, and I want to go to China on holiday for 5 days. My travel agent says that a visa will take about 10 days and costs NT$4,500. That seems like an amazing amount of money. Is that too much, or is $4,500 normal?
Thanks
David[/quote]

Hi David,

That’s about normal, market rate. Our office can provide UK passport holders China visas in 6 days for the same NTD 4,500. 10 days sounds like a long time actually. They might have gotten you confused with a US citizen. it takes at least 10 business days to get a China visa for US citizens.

[quote=“mikehs”]David

There is a place listed in The China Post on Songjiang Rd. that advertises China visa for non-US for NT$2500 . [/quote]

We checked up on those guys. Doesn’t appear reputable in the sense that it’s “doable” in Taiwan but it’s cutting that “fine line” so. While I wouldn’t want to say how they’re doing it exactly, it appears to be a inside-outside operation.

You’re right, this sort of thing is very complicated for US passport holders. We can provide double-entry visas to China at NTD 6,100 for US passport holders (different from other nationalities, don’t blame us, it’s China’s policies). For 1 year China visas, due to the paperwork requirements involved, the fee is around NTD 10,000. It’s not trivial.

Regards,

I (German) usually get my Mainland China visa through Interlink (they speak English). Takes about 5 working days and was below 2000nt last time (july this year).

HTH
Iris

[quote=“iris”]I (German) usually get my Mainland China visa through Interlink (they speak English). Takes about 5 working days and was below 2000nt last time (July this year).

HTH
Iris[/quote]

Each country has their own pricing and schedule. The most difficult China visas cases involve South African and US nationals. There’s no shopping around for those people. Some travel agencies don’t even offer pre-fly China visas anymore due to certain changes on China side making it much more difficult to obtain for people living in Taiwan.

Can someone/someplace get a China visa (one time or multiple) for an American? Speed more important than cost.

I’ve just been told visitor visas from Taiwan are no longer available. Hooray. This all seems to change on a weekly basis. Worse than getting a visa for Taiwan now. Almost.

Oi!

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopi … highlight=

HG

EDIT: nevermind i found a better thread