Visa question about return flight

I did a search but couldnt find any info on this. I know in order to get a visitor visa in hong kong or anywhere else you need a flight OUT of taiwan. Since the visitor visa is only for 60 days will they still give me one if my flight OUT of taiwan is more than 60 days away?

It doesn’t seem very likely that they would.