Visa run after a visitor visa


Hello, I have a question. I know that we can do a visa run to get more time to stay. But I planed to do my visitor visa with an application to a langue school, which would be 6 months maximum. But I want to stay longer to travel around. Can I do a visa run after a visitor visa ?


Or it’s better to get a resident visa after that, with another term of chinese course




thank you !!