Visa Run because of Missing Document

Hello!
One month ago I found a job. I gave them my documents, including the Taiwanese police criminal record. After one week, the secretary of the school tells me she also needs the police criminal record from my own country, but after a bit of arguing with other staff members, the matter is settled. I only need the Taiwanese one, since I’ve been in Taiwan for years. It’s a relief for me since my brother is in the hospital and I don’t want to ask anything to my parents if I really don’t have to.
Last week I asked about the status of the working visa. My current visa, as I’ve told them during the many interviews, expires at the end of December. Everything is fine, they tell me, it will be ready next week. Therefore this week.
Today, though, I receive a message. They really need the criminal record from my own country. It would be fine if my current visa wasn’t going to expire soon. I already asked my parents to help me but I don’t think the document is going to arrive timely for me to obtain the working visa before the end of the month. Also, I told the school many times before my visa would expire soon. I feel upset and tricked and I’ll probably have to spend money I don’t have for a visa run.

Tomorrow I’m going there to speak directly with them and I don’t know how to handle things. Now I’m mad and upset because it has been a very difficult period even without this problem.

How attached are you to this school? They seem pretty unreasonable. Have you explained the situation with your family? If they gave you many months notice and said “no, we really need your home country’s CBC” that’d be understandable. But the fact they said one thing (that they didn’t need it), and then changed their stance at the last minute when it’s already too late means this is on them, and unless this is the best school ever I’d threaten to walk.

I also feel this is totally on them, that’s why I don’t know how to behave tomorrow. Maybe I’m unreasonable but they should really pay for the visa run.

Anyway, the school is good and I need the money. I don’t think I can spend more time looking for something else. I feel so bad, though.

They should definitely pay for a Visa run. This is their screw up and that means they have to fix it.