Visa run to Hong kong

Nowadays, you just go to Hong Kong, exit immigration, turn around & return, correct? Or not?

Yep!

Take a few hours out and get a meal downtown! Make it into something more than just a visa run!

I lived in Shenzhen for a year thus it is… Very SSDD or extremely BTDT.

Fair point! How about a visa run to the Philippines instead :).

1 Like

You don’t have to exit immigration.

Never done one but it’s also my understanding you simply need to leave Taiwan and return. HK will likely not even stamp your passport anyway,

For the 17th time. Transit within HK airport. There’s no point going through HK immigration because you don’t get a stamp in your pp.

1 Like

Thanks for the 17 explanations. The bear.
If I was to go to p.i., I would have to go see my wife in Mindanao or she and young son should come see me & I hate to blow the cash.

Also there’s a bookstore at the HK airport where I usually find many titles to buy

if you want to spend the least money possible i think there are cheaper places to fly to. Philippines ect.

i usually go to hong kong because its a really short flight and i like dossing around in hong kong. although it will probably be hong kong airport then staying in shenzhen for future trips, way cheaper hotels and all the fun of the madhouse that is china.

But getting into Shenzhen requires a US$200 visa. No thanks. Love HK, though.

yea the china visa is an enormous pain in the ass. mine is 2 years and i’m going to get my moneys worth thats for sure.

In the US last year, I got a 10-year multiple entry visa but can only stay for 60 days each visit.

Meh, might as well stay somewhere for the night and make the trip worthwhile.

My current accommodation is so cheap that this nearly costs me 2 month’s rent