Visitor to Resident when studying...?

Here is my case: I entered in Taiwan with an extendable visitor visa. I studied 2 months at TLI. Then I signed up at Shida (MTC) to keep studying Chinese and I extended my visa once. According to what they say,Students that have completed 4 months of coursework at MTC… can apply for a resident visa.
The problem is that it is supposed to be 4 months in the same school (at MTC).
Has anyone in this forum, who has studied in two different schools, could changed from a visitor visa to a resident visa, in their fourth month of studies ?

Thank you.