Visitor Visa Extension


I recently had my visitor visa extended but I’ve decided to discontinue my Chinese language studies and get a refund for the coming spring semester.

Will I be able to stay in TW until the end of the extension or will I have to leave earlier?

Couldn’t find a clear answer on the immigration website.

  • J

I’d imagine your visa is good. But don’t know. Just ask them

1 Like

I don’t think you can stay until the expiration date in your passport. Your school will inform the NIA that you’ve left, making your visa invalid and giving you limited time to leave Taiwan.

The school office is a good place to ask about it.

Fixed it :smile: OP just ask at the NIA office they will tell you.

1 Like

8 years ago

Thanks all, I’ll head to the NIA first thing Monday. Cheers!

1 Like