Visitor Visa for cultural reasons?

Does any one know how to get a visitor visa, and later a resident visa for taking martial arts? Can it be done?


I heard it can. They guy who did this, was a regular student at Chinese Culture University, where he majored in martial arts. I don’t know though, how he got admited. Maybe you have to take the usual University entrance test, which is not a piece of cake, but I don’t know about that. I guess once you got admited, visa formalities are the same as if you would take Chinese classes: You’ll get an extendable visitors visa, have to extend twice and can then apply for the ARC