Visitors Visa - So Confused (can you get a work permit on a visa-free entry?)

Hi greenocelot,

I don’t clearly remember exactly how I applied for my visitor visa. That was in 2002, and I applied from Korea, and if I remember rightly, I followed some instructions on a strange-looking website (not Forumosa).

Anyway, in 2010 ImaniOU described the process by which she got a visitor visa in Hong Kong. That post is here:

I don’t know if those instructions will still work, and I don’t know if the essential steps will work in any place or country in which a person applies for a visitor visa for Taiwan. Also, you should be advised that the required money amounts may be different now.

Hopefully, if more or better information is needed, someone will come along and provide it.

One additional note: I think I do recall that when I applied back in 2002, the strange-looking website’s instructions advised not to say that one intends to work.

But ImaniOU advises to bring a work contract if applicable. Also, on this thread, CTaitung’s advice is similar to ImaniOU’s:

I’m not saying that ImaniOU and CTaitung’s information is wrong–I’m not saying that at all. Their advice sounds solid to me. I’m just mentioning that one difference between their advice and the advice I remember getting years ago from a website.

Well, yet one more thing:

If you decide to read the other posts in ImaniOU’s thread, it’s advised that you read all of them, because there seem to be differences of opinion, but the differences seem to get more or less resolved. Also, the thread goes all the way to 2015, so there may be something else in it that can help you. But as for me, I got somewhat confused by reading the other posts in that thread. That’s probably because I’ve lost whatever familiarity I might once have had with these kinds of processes.

Charlie