I am about to donate my laptop to somebody who lives in a small village in Africa, but something has just gone wrong with my software. The os is Vista. I need to fix it, otherwise she won’t be able to use or to get it fixed herself. I’ve noticed the following problems:
- the icons on desktop overlap
- whenever I click on one of the icons on desktop, all of them are highlighted and open one after the other.
- when I click on one item on a list within a folder, that item and all the items above it are also highlighted
- hyperlinks in Word don’t work
- ctrl functions don’t work, I tried ctrl f/search function, and all I see is the letter “f” typed on the document
I have already done a system restore, but the problem hasn’t been solved.
I guess all these problems have a single cause, but I’m not certain.
Please, please help me!
Thanking you in anticipation of some good advice!