Vocabulary game

This is how the game works. Every time you use a word in a post bellow, I’ll delete it from the list. The objective is to try and delete the entire list in less than a month. Let’s go:

A
acrid
acuity
addled
adduce
adherent
adjourn
adulate
adversity
advocate
aegis
ambrosia
ambulatory
ameliorate
amenable
amenities
amicable
amorphous
amulet
anachronism
anemic
animated
animosity
annihilate
anodyne
anomaly
antebellum
antediluvian
antipathy
antipodal
apace
apathetic
apex
aphorism
aplomb
apocryphal
apogee
Apollonian
apoplectic
apostate
apotheosis
apparition
appellation
apposite
aquiline
arable
arch
archetype
ardent
argot
arid
arrant
ascetic
ashen
askance
asperity
assay
assert
assess
atavistic
attenuate
attire
attrition
audacity
augur
auspices
auspicious
autocracy
avarice
avenge
aver
averse
avid
avow
avuncular
awry
azure
B
babel
Bacchanalian
badinage
bailiwick
balm
banal
bandy
baneful
bastion
bathos
bawdy
beatific
bedecked
bedevil
bedraggled
befuddle
behest
bejeweled
beleaguered
belle
belligerent
bellwether
beneficent
benighted
benumbed
bequeath
bereft
besmirch
bespectacled
betrothed
bias
bilateral
bilious
bivouac
blanch
blithe
blowzy
blubber
bluster
bohemian
boisterous
bombastic
bovine
bow
bowdlerize
Brahmin
breakneck
bridle
bristle
broach
bromide
brood
brook
brown study
bucolic
bulbous
buttonhole
C
cache
cachet
cadge
cadre
cajole
callous
callow
calumny
Calvinistic
canard
candid
capacious
capitulate
capricious
captious
career
carnage
carouse
carp
carrion
cascade
catharsis
catholic
caustic
cavalier
cavil
celerity
censure
chafe
charisma
chary
chasten
cherubic
chevron
chide
choleric
Cimmerian
cipher
circadian
circuitous
circumlocution
circumspect
clad
clandestine
clement
cleric
clich

Is this a ruse?

Zealot!

I have removed “ruse” from the list. I will keep on doing this untill the above list has been reduced to nothing. I didn’t think the scrolling would be such a job though.

I’m sorry, you have to use “zealot” in a sentence and it musn’t seem too contrived!

You zealot! An abominable, abstruse aspersion unfit for an iniquitous aardvark! This torturous tripe is sure to be nothing more than turbid tyranny! (That’s ten, no?)

What have I done? I’ll have to neglect my other posts for a long, long time! Yisty!

Whimsical wraith! You’re Byzantine blandishments castigate you to pluck words from this robust, inexorable list until it is expunged! (I’m not going to tell you how many that was! This is fun!)

You have no idea how I have to scroll up and down like a raving lunatic. I’ll have to open two windows. One for editing my first post and one to read new replies. Please be patient, I have no assistants but I’ll catch up with in due course.

I’m taking a break now. I’ll be back at 8pm.

Beg the moderator to flounder this or you’re doomed to dourful doddering up and down this list. (only two there, both d’s) :wink:

I don’t know about the rest of you, but I’m quite ambivalent to this thread. It is nothing more than a caper concoted by cabal of bumptious Forumosa denizens.

I am wont to yammer sometimes; but even so, with reverence I beseech our triumvirate of feckless, yet stalwart and venerable, moderators to cease being so complacent and redouble their efforts to give the OP his comeuppance.

Eradicate this egregious thread; it is hardly a Herculean task.

I beg you all to abate at once! Do not aid and abet this vile thread, but hold your sentences in abeyance. I find it abhorrent! If you cannot abide by my request, you should proffer abject apology - or at least perform ritual ablution for your sins. I hereby abrogate all responsibility for further posts. I wished to be abstemious, but the abysmal list has forced me to accede. I have become acclimated to the accolade with which fellow posters are wont to greet such ideas, which they would disdain if one were to accost them with same in the street. The sheer accretion of alphabetic vocabulary necessarily prevents me from being more suitably acerbic; truly it is the acme of timewasters, worse than Sudoku. However, as a keen acolyte, I was forced to acquiesce at least once.

Is this thread a new nadir? Or a zenith?

OK, I’m up to date again. Hit me!

I like rice.

Aaahhhww, how come rice isn’t in the list? It is a crap list.

I bet kerfuffle and brouhaha aren’t in it either.

The serpentine septuagenarian succumbed to the subversive sortie of the scurrilous sentinel after having supplicated the sultry sycophant.

(10)

Cheers!

Daryl

HAIKU!!!

Oh baleful barbs,
Blazon my bellicose bile,
Build my blasphemic bliss…

Cheers!

Daryl

To my chagrin, I bemoan the arduous task of scrolling up and down the cornucopia of words provided by that churlish charlatan Aubrey in order to post some hackneyed drivel.

I detest having to go back to the first page each time to consult it; that is anathema to me.

Forumosans, be not timorous; in earnest I exhort you to hasten the demise of this sham through verbose and voluminous postings so that we may supplant this subversive thread with one more Spartan in its vernacular.

Do not treat this vocabulary game as though it is sacrosanct.

It is ironic how diligent and indefatigable one must be to indulge in this menial, mundane morass of churlish musings–ostensibly soporific, but incredibly superfluous. How droll.