Voice/singing lessons

Does anyone know where I can find a teacher for voice/singing lessons, and what is the going rate? I think I’ll need someone who can speak a decent amount of English.

Thanks!!

柯大宜音樂世界
02-25023587
地址:台北市松江路131號4樓之3

Taipei, song jiang road #131 4th floor-3

Miss Li is the lady who runs this place. She is a Kodaly method teacher. She got her master’s in music education in the US and taught at a high school while she was there. She speaks English.

If you have no previous training she would be a good teacher. She can teach you the basics of singing (breathing, posture, etc.) and sight reading skills.

thanks!

Actually, I showed up for a lesson and it was a different woman (an opera singer) who only spoke Chinese, for 1000/hr. Ms Li translated for the first class but then didn’t translate for the second and I felt really frustrated… So she said, Okay, I’ll find you another teacher. Apparently Ms Li herself only teaches kids. She she called back saying she found a teacher who speaks English, but she’s a music professor, so she charges extra–1200/hr. I feel this is pretty expensive… Is it?

Are there any other options? Thanks :slight_smile:

Actually, I showed up for a lesson and it was a different woman (an opera singer) who only spoke Chinese, for 1000/hr. Ms Li translated for the first class but then didn’t translate for the second and I felt really frustrated… So she said, Okay, I’ll find you another teacher. Apparently Ms Li herself only teaches kids. She she called back saying she found a teacher who speaks English, but she’s a music professor, so she charges extra–1200/hr. I feel this is pretty expensive… Is it?

Are there any other options? Thanks :slight_smile:

Sadly ,I am guessing this Lady would not be available to teach at my local KTV. The hours would be from 9pm… until the Student falls over.