Volunteer Website Host for Nationality Site

dualcitizen.org.tw rulez!!!

This is Taiwan…try humanmultinational.org.tw?
The problem of immigration into Taiwan is not a commonplace idea and there is virtually no such uniquely flattering history like in the USA or even other former colonies. The past history of immigration to Taiwan is:

Koxinga.org.tw
KMT-in-exile.org.tw
expatpartyclub.org.tw

Perhaps the word “expatriate” says it all as Merriam-Webster cites its synonyms:

deport, displace, exile, expel, expulse, lag, oust, relegate, transport or related words:

banish, disfellowship, excommunicate, rusticate; debar, exclude, shut out; drive out, eject, evict, turn out; bump, can, cashier, discharge, dismiss, fire, put out, sack; blackball, blacklist, boycott

Sounds like Taiwan, doesn’t it? A penal colony of expats.

taiwanemigrants.org.tw

emigrants:

one that leaves one place to settle in another

Synonyms: immigrant, migrant

Related Words: alien, displaced person, DP,

how about www.waiguoren.org.tw?

Touche. Or just call it…waiban.org.tw (Foreign Affairs Office). That way, we’ll be ahead of the curve upon the PLA invasion of Taiwan.

Richard, I’m afraid “newcitizen” as part of a host name is also not the best choice. There were tv ads about two or three years ago by the military schools where everyone said “Wo shi xin tai wan ren”. They might take out that slogan again, so we might end up as military cadets…

RE: website suffixes

I have learned that it is impossible to obtain .org.tw without a formally registered NGO in Taiwan.

However, a simple .org may be obtained from the USA with minimal hassle.

Hence, it appears that the suffix for this website will be a simple .org

At least a US-registered .org enjoys the full protection of freedom of speech unlike org.tw, besides being simply easier to register.

then: tw.dualcitizen.org rulez!!!

A search on groups.google.com reveals rave reviews for affordablehost.com where I got 5 years of jidanni.org plus 25 MB for US$90 or 100 perhaps. The only regret is that it is overseas, as that might be slower. Anyways I was up and running in a day or two. Any application for a .tw, even .idv.tw would have required me leaving my mountaintop headquarters for a trip to town, so I said no.

Today every 5 minutes there is a “put out the fire at Wuling Nongchang” helicopter crossing overhead here, even though I’m 55 km away, but apparently right on their route.

Maybe they are monitoring my internet activity…

quote:
Originally posted by Hartzell: Hence, I desire to locate a suitable web-service provider who willing to set up an informational website, on a volunteer basis, so that all related information can be put on the website, something similar to what we have for foreign spouses at [url=http://www.tainan.com/nnfs]http://www.tainan.com/nnfs[/url] That website is sponsored by yangyi.com, and does not contain those irritating pop-up ads or any other such nonsense.

I want to try to host it here in Taipei for free as a private person.

I can’t guarantee 100% uptime and my only constraint here is time, but I’d like to help.

Please contact me at prezzy_dent@hotmail.com.

Sean

Maybe they are monitoring my internet activity…

I swear the little green men got out of the helicopter and added that line to my post when I went out for a leak in the woods. I mean it is in punch line position, but has no punch. Ok, maybe it has a punch if you are like over 60 or something. I smell a fartzell.

taiwancitizenship.org
or
roccitizenship.org

are available depending on which political party u support!

for cheap registration u can try joker.com
12 Euro a year

For hosting why not host it in Taiwan on an ADSL
fixed IP line? Setting up a server is easy.
You will need of course hardware but u don’t need
soundcards and all that nor do u need a monitor.
Somebodys donated PC would do (pref. P2/celeron).

I will announce my choice of domain name within ten days!!

You may want to try Featurehosting.com for your hosting. I’ve been using their Miniplan for a couple of months now, and haven’t had any hassles.

http://www.featureprice.com/?c=2&p=8

Details:
*50 Megabytes of Web Space
*host your own domain name
*Static IP Address
*CGI-BIN included
*5 users email services
*5 users FTP services
*SSI is NOT included
*no forced advertisements

Price: $4.95 / month paid annually
Setup Fee ($25)